Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Doing a dry pavement burnout on a Rocker

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 09:17 AM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Alter
I wouldn't do burnouts on my bike just cause its too expensive to replace tires and the excessive noise ticket. Had my fun when I was younger, burning out tires and generally wrecking vehicles. I got other avenues to put money out other than replacing needless juvenile antics.

My 11 year old just loves when I drop him off at school on the bike. It has to be at the front door and he doesn't let me shut the bike off while I'm picking him up or dropping him off, guess its the nanny nanny boo boo look how I'm getting to school and he makes sure all the other kids know that he is the only one who gets to ride on the bike to school that I've seen.
I got all kinds of drunk and did one in the garage of my friend's townhouse. Him and his roommate were estatic, but his girlfriend wasn't too happy. She came running down from upstairs yelling at us. The entire three stories of the townhouse were filled with smoke.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:39 AM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Alter
I got other avenues to put money out other than replacing needless juvenile antics.
Why own a bike, particularly a semi-custom if one isn't into needless juvenile antics?

Plain-ol' cars get you from point A to point B just fine.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:43 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Point and scream, LOOK the ICE CREAM truck!
When the kids look away, spray some Armor All on the treads.
That should allow an impressive burn out.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:41 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,942 Likes on 19,380 Posts

Here .... Hold my beer and watch this!!

Old 08-14-2012, 11:07 AM
tombeving
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I was going to do a burn out on my bike, I'd over inflate my rear tire to about 50 lbs to limit the amount of tire on the pavement.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:41 AM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by tombeving
If I was going to do a burn out on my bike, I'd over inflate my rear tire to about 50 lbs to limit the amount of tire on the pavement.
Yeah, probably a good idea to over-inflate the rear tire until I know what it's going to do.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:54 AM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 121 Likes on 87 Posts

Go for it, dude!
No matter how it turns out, tho, just promise us you'll have somebody take a video of it and then post it here. C'mon...impress us! (Entertaining us works, too, of course)

Old 08-14-2012, 12:13 PM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by HoggyMtnBreakdown
Go for it, dude!
No matter how it turns out, tho, just promise us you'll have somebody take a video of it and then post it here. C'mon...impress us! (Entertaining us works, too, of course)
LOL, didn't know it was a big deal. Been doing it for years with cars and other bikes.... just wondered if this particular bike did anything strange.

Plus, it's my ol' lady's scooter, and I totaled her last one (no, I wasn't doing a burnout, got hit by a car) so I'm trying to be extra careful with this one.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:22 PM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 743 Likes on 411 Posts

I do a small burnout at least once a week when I'm riding through the shop at work. 90% of the time it pushes the front tire, so there's a small skid mark from the front tire, and a larger, darker one from the rear. I've also got a narrow 21" front tire, but my rear is little narrower than yours (160). The shop floor is fairly slippery, dirty concrete. Not a big deal, as long as you anticipate it.

It works better if you're on a surface that the front tire has some chance of getting traction. Just stand up off the seat a bit, grab the front brake as hard as you can, rev it up, and dump the clutch. Don't over do it with the throttle at first, make sure there's nobody in front or behind you, and don't over react.

I don't think I've ever owned a vehicle that I haven't at least tried to do a burnout with.

Last edited by Reindeer; 08-14-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:05 PM
Tom84FXST
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 20,251 Likes on 5,859 Posts

Just be sure to wear your flip-flops

Quick Reply: Doing a dry pavement burnout on a Rocker