Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake light stays on.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2017 | 04:28 PM
Gaz B
Cruiser

Excellent news!

Old 08-13-2018 | 05:43 PM
Brian Daniels
Stage I
Default Hey y'all I have a 97 Fatboy turn signal on the left does not work but the brake light and tail light stays on as well when you're going down the road the lights will just shut off and then end up coming back on does anybody know what's up would appr

Originally Posted by astark
It's probably the brake light switch at the brake lever, there is a little post in there you can hardly see that can get stuck causing the brake light to stay on.

I have got to get to work, maybe someone else can chime in on how to clean or replace, not as easy as you would hope.
Yeah I have a 97 Fatboy the turn signal don't work but the brake light in the tail light stays on at the same time on the left going down the road lights will cut out and then come back on anybody know where to go with this

Old 12-10-2020 | 01:04 AM
'00 ZX12R Replaced w/Comfy Softail!'s Avatar
'00 ZX12R Replaced w/Comfy Softail!
Stage II
Question

Originally Posted by Tampa Fatboy
The correct answer is you need the master cylinder rebuilt. You're supposed to flush the brake system out yearly but it's probably the most neglected item on the bike. That WD40 is only a quick fix. If you're handy around the shop you can do it, just grab a kit at the local indy for $20. The other inexpensive route would be pull the master cyclinder and head to the local indy for a rebuild, 20 mins later and probably $30-40. Last would be the friggin stealer
Hey @Tampa Fatboy! I'm not sure if I should be Clearwater Fatboy, or Clearwater Softail, but I have an issue with my 2013 Heritage Softail. My brake light is continuously styaying on, and it has nothing to do with the switch in the brake handle not or the master cyclinder. I hope this will allow me to post a picture of this......heck, I don't even know what to call it, but on one end it looks sorta like a black spark plug (it's plastic though) and it has a little pin sticking out of it, that you can pull just a little, and right through that little pin is a hole- as if a cotter pin or something like that fell out; and the other end of the cable that's about 6 or 7 inches long that has what looks like a male connector with 2 prongs (they look like the standard fuse type, that's what I'm calling prongs here), and the wires that are hanging, well part of the dull white connector are blue and yellow. Ever since I saw this just laying in my driveway, I noticed that my brakelight was stuck on the whole time from there on out, and you know Clearwater, I'm not worried about a car really, but Clearwater Cops instead. But nonetheless, I do need to figure this out.

Do you or ANYONE have any clue what this is and where it goes? There are no numbers, letters, or anything on it which is so weird.

Any help would be so much appreciated!!

Attached Thumbnails Brake light stays on.-4718e7e92ab24fd57ebf3e619ab5e936a8c4c413-14.jpg  
Old 12-10-2020 | 03:03 AM
vonh12
Road Warrior

I Changed my front brake master cylinder and the problem went. My switch was ok.