Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let see them Fatboy customs SHOW ME

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 07:40 PM
MYCRISIS
Elite HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Let see them Fatboy customs SHOW ME

I've got a 97 fatty to build as a tribute bike for my son. I lost him at age 19 and he and I didnt get to finish building his bike. I am building the bike for him, and will keep it forever, and I'm needing some fresh ideas. Chrome ****** welcome. Black Beauties welcome. I want to see some slammed out, stripped down, aped up customs. I'm hoping to see some 23/20 Wheels,and some exotic paint, gator seats, custom engraving, and blacked out dark horses, and everything else out there that you boys have created.

I'm starting out with a 97 Evo,bored and stroked, mild head work S&S shorty, revtech 6 spd, stretched tank, 18/18 PM wheels 6 piston calipers and rotors in chrome(wheels might have to go), forward 2+ controls, and drag bars.

Stock Fatboys need not apply, your bikes are cool,but this build has NO budget and will have no resemblance to stock!!!! The sky is the limit!! Lets see them bikes boys!!!

And remember.

Last edited by MYCRISIS; 08-17-2012 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Brain fart
Old 08-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Midgard
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1st off - sorry for the loss of your son.

Secondly - I don't own a Fatboy, but I do own a softie and I am hoping you keep us posted with updates and pics of the tribute build!

Old 08-06-2012, 07:52 PM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 121 Likes on 87 Posts

Sorry to hear about your son. My oldest son is 20 and I can't imagine what I'd do if I lost him.

My bike is pretty tricked out, but clean and simple. I am sending it to the painter this month for some striping and accents and it's getting some Cyclesmiths banana floorboards and pedals. I'll post some updated pics if this thread is still alive around the end of the month. There are some pretty sick Fatboys on this forum, fo sho. Can't wait to see your resulting build. Good luck!

Old 08-06-2012, 10:13 PM
MYCRISIS
Elite HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 45 Posts

Thanks Midgard, Softies are all welcome for sure. I have a feeling this bike might end up looking more like a softy than a fatty. Thanks for the pic. I'm liking the black and chrome with the clean lines. Nice bike..

HMB, Thanks for the condolances. Love the classic custom look of your bike. Well done. I would love to hear those 555's.

Let me bore you for just a second, and bro I'm not preaching. When our boy's get 18,19,20. We as dads remember what it was like when we were that age, and when our boys start backing away a little it's natural to feel like you should"give them some space", they are adults now ,right?. Dont do it. Do the opposite. Draw them closer and dont let go. Times have changed, and even though they will tell you different, they need us to be involved on a daily basis. I lost my son to a handful of Xanax and a broken heart from breaking up with his high school sweety when I was "giving him some space". That **** is dangerous. I don't want to be a buzz kill, I just wouldn't wish this **** on my worst enemy. My post history tells a little more of the story. Seems to be my life these days. If I can just help one unsuspecting parent it's worth talking about.

He and I had big plans for this scoot. It would have been his first streetbike when he turned 21. He had his own dirtbikes,ATV's, and jetski's since about 5 years old, and could outride most men. I sure miss him.

Thanks for the pics guy's. Keep em' coming

Old 08-07-2012, 11:36 AM
harleyheaven
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So sorry for your loss and agree with you about keeping them close.

Here are some pics of my scoot.

Old 08-07-2012, 03:00 PM
dansax
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

Sorry for your loss. Here's my take on Ole Skool with a modern twist.

Attached Thumbnails Let see them Fatboy customs SHOW ME-dscf0628.jpg   Let see them Fatboy customs SHOW ME-dscf0634.jpg   Let see them Fatboy customs SHOW ME-dscf0629.jpg   Let see them Fatboy customs SHOW ME-dscf0633.jpg   Let see them Fatboy customs SHOW ME-dscf0631.jpg  

Old 08-07-2012, 03:12 PM
WVNightrain Rider
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 08-07-2012, 03:46 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

'05 Anniversary Fat Boy. Bikini bars, lowered, light bar, Mustang seat, chrome goodies.

Add apes:

Old 08-07-2012, 07:02 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your son. Good luck finishing the scooter and if you don't mind looking at a Deluxe, I've got several pics in my profile.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Account Retired
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

01 Fatboy in my signature pic

Quick Reply: Let see them Fatboy customs SHOW ME