Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED 7" Headlamps & Running Lamps

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 09:21 AM
Ramboamt
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PanHeadRich
When you drive up & down this mountain you'll see why I love the nice, bright LED lighting. I'm sure you'll love the upgrade. I personally never go to October Fest. I did once, but it's not much fun for me, being that I can't drink due to medical issues. Plus we've had a lot of thunder storms over the past 5 weeks and it's been seriously cutting into my riding. This weekend is suppose to be clear so I'm hoping to put some miles on. But if you're ever riding up in the future, drop me a PM, lunch is on me
We go NOT for the drinking, if I do have one it is only one small one as I'm driving, we go for the vender's, the mountain air and scenery, and for the "Chicken dance" lol.

As to the rain we where up two weeks ago and two weeks before that and both times got a little rain, and at time some BIG rain, been getting some of it down here in the low lands too.

It might be a couple of months before we can make it up there, the weekends are now locked up with Bday parties and family events.
If you are ever down in the low lands hit us up and lunch will be on us.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:40 AM
RANGERRICK
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by PanHeadRich
If it has a 7" diameter headlamp bucket, yes, it will be a simple plug & play. My bike had the smaller bucket, so I had to change it to 7". But that was a simple & inexpensive task, so no problems.

LOL, But I just settled for the discount code they they offered for all of us and was happy with that. But yeah, I really do like the unit. It makes my night riding an absolute pleasure, rather than a visual struggle. Plus I really dig the look on my bike. So it's a win/win for me

Rich

Thanks for taking the time for the product review and write up .
I ordered the light this morning so it should be here soon although our riding season is all but done here in Alaska , come on spring . Thanks again Rich

RR

Old 10-03-2012, 09:03 PM
RANGERRICK
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Rich

First off let me say that when I placed my order for the light it shipped the same day , WOW .
I got it in a couple days all the way here in Alaska .
The light plugged right into HD plug no problem , about three minutes I was done .
The brightness and the width of the beam projected is phenominal and that is low beam , high beam is like riding in day light well almost anyway.
Sure helps seeing moose and critters in the road at long distances . Thanks again for posting this thread .

RR

Old 10-03-2012, 11:07 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by RANGERRICK
Rich

First off let me say that when I placed my order for the light it shipped the same day , WOW .
I got it in a couple days all the way here in Alaska .
The light plugged right into HD plug no problem , about three minutes I was done .
The brightness and the width of the beam projected is phenominal and that is low beam , high beam is like riding in day light well almost anyway.
Sure helps seeing moose and critters in the road at long distances . Thanks again for posting this thread .

RR
Very cool RR, glad you're pleased with it. It's an awesome light and it's worked out perfect for my needs. I went riding with a few buds this past Sunday and they all want the Phase 7 LED as well ... especially at these prices.

Ride safe & enjoy!

Old 10-08-2012, 08:31 PM
cessna75
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rich, fantastic write up. I've been on the fence for months ever since my riding buddy put the Harley LEDs in his road king. Been wanting the light on my Ultra but didn't want to pay that much! Just ordered my TL7 today, got an email 45 minutes later that it shipped and will be here by Wednesday! Thanks for the discount code too! Leaving Houston for the Hill Country this Friday night and I'll feel much better making the run at night with this new lamp! Hope to get the passing lamps after the 15th.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:55 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by cessna75
Rich, fantastic write up. I've been on the fence for months ever since my riding buddy put the Harley LEDs in his road king. Been wanting the light on my Ultra but didn't want to pay that much! Just ordered my TL7 today, got an email 45 minutes later that it shipped and will be here by Wednesday! Thanks for the discount code too! Leaving Houston for the Hill Country this Friday night and I'll feel much better making the run at night with this new lamp! Hope to get the passing lamps after the 15th.
Very cool cessna, always been partial to mooney's myself

It would be really cool if you could report back with your opinion of how it compares to your buds HD LED. I haven't met anybody with the HD LED during my night cruises yet. And I'm sure others as well as myself would be curious of how they compare. At nearly twice the price, I can't help but wonder how much (if any) better it is.

Thanks bud, Enjoy!

Old 10-09-2012, 11:24 PM
cessna75
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No problem, I'd be happy to help contribute!

Old 10-21-2012, 09:43 PM
Ramboamt
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What trim ring for the stock bucket?

Does anybody have the part number for a french style trim ring that will fit the STOCK headlamp bucket?

The HD Trim ring 69627-99 won't fit, to big in diameter, Parts girl said it would fit a stock bucket, NOT...
Thanks.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:53 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ramboamt
Does anybody have the part number for a french style trim ring that will fit the STOCK headlamp bucket?

The HD Trim ring 69627-99 won't fit, to big in diameter, Parts girl said it would fit a stock bucket, NOT...
Thanks.
I bought mine from BK Rider, they've been great to work with. I asked if it would fit their aftermarket 7" bucket and Johnny wasn't sure. He told me that it was made to fit the stock HD bucket. He said he'd also like to know if it would fit their bucket, so he gave me free shipping and promised a refund if it didn't fit. It's a great quality part for being so inexpensive.

Give Johnny a call to confirm this if you like. Here's a link to their French Ring: http://www.bkrider.com/bkrider/skuse...eria=C01002100

Old 10-22-2012, 07:37 AM
hdgzr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,733 Likes on 795 Posts

This is what I use; wonder if they will fit the new lamp also?
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Quick Reply: LED 7" Headlamps & Running Lamps