Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's talk Solo Seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012 | 05:58 PM
steinbomb
Intermediate

i run a barbones with biker gel, 4 or 5 hours before im shuffling, thinking about going to a danny grey with the foam

Old 07-20-2012 | 08:37 PM
nopetrol
Tourer

I have a Lepera Bare Bones. I rode for a lil while. It looks cool, and actually didn't feel bad. I decided to get rid of it only because it puts my hips at a painful angle. I have a 34" inseam, and it actually sat me [I]too[I] far down. Pm if interested.

Old 07-21-2012 | 12:38 AM
Snowyone
Road Captain

Corbin solo's the best for my butt. Week long trips other parts ached before the hind end. Sits me lower and further back. The stock seat sucked. Rubbed my tailbone.

Old 07-21-2012 | 12:45 AM
CSS_FXD
Road Warrior

I LOVE my lepera bare bones I just put on my train. Actually fit on my bike now. At 6'4" it's tuff fitting sometimes but the bare bones puts you back more and with my 3" forward control ext it's perfect. It's firm seat but you can ride all day on it if you want. You will be sore on any seat.

Old 07-21-2012 | 12:57 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member

I have the stock seat on my Deluxe with a stock deluxe backrest, that they no longer make. I put the shotgun shocks on my bike and it totally changed how I sit on the bike making it much more comfortable. Just a thought on another point of view.

Old 07-21-2012 | 09:28 AM
Hutchdown
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Snowyone
Corbin solo's the best for my butt. Week long trips other parts ached before the hind end. Sits me lower and further back. The stock seat sucked. Rubbed my tailbone.
I also recommend the Corbin. It starts off the first several months stiff then becomes very comfortable, and it looks the best on my Deuce in my opinion.

Old 07-21-2012 | 09:50 AM
Motown Strag
Road Warrior

I ride the Le Pera BB around town and the stocker on all day rides. The BB is not a soft seat so you need a good back and suspension to make it work. The seating position is perfect for my set up, I feel like Im completely connected to the bike instead of riding on top of it like a circus monkey. The bike handles so much better when you bring the weight down a little towards center mass.

Buying a seat is a crap shoot, best thing would be to go to a bike night and ask a couple guys if you can sit on their bikes because your looking for a good seat.

You dont break a seat in, it breaks you in.

Old 07-21-2012 | 11:49 AM
Benway
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Motown Strag
I ride the Le Pera BB around town and the stocker on all day rides. The BB is not a soft seat so you need a good back and suspension to make it work. The seating position is perfect for my set up, I feel like Im completely connected to the bike instead of riding on top of it like a circus monkey. The bike handles so much better when you bring the weight down a little towards center mass.

Buying a seat is a crap shoot, best thing would be to go to a bike night and ask a couple guys if you can sit on their bikes because your looking for a good seat.

You dont break a seat in, it breaks you in.
Thanks. I'm leaning bare bones and Deluxe seat for long rides. Love the white piping on yours too.

Old 07-21-2012 | 01:01 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior

I have both a BareBones and a CnC. Vic Bronco is right about Chuck and his customer service. He's a real cool cat and I had my CnC in no time. It's definitely lower and seats you back more. And it is a little more comfortable than the BareBones.

Buuut....... I LOVE my BareBones now! I haven't taken it off since I had it reupholstered with a nicer leather. I could ryde all day with it no problems. From what I read though, I am one of the few that hasn't had a problem with long rydes on it though. I can see that a bad back would probably not work. I just love the feel of being as low and as one with the bike as possible and I really like the lines of the bike with it. I remember the first full day I rode on it, my **** was KILLIN me, but I havent had ANY problems since then. Like Motown said, "you don't break the seat it, it breaks you in." Hahaha! Well said!

Old 07-21-2012 | 03:08 PM
Benway
|
Elite HDF Member

Well, fancy that, I just got a used Le Pera Black solo off ebay for $110! Small tear on front bottom edge, but for that price, I couldn't pass it up. For that price, I could get a nice leather cover job too...

Quick Reply: Let's talk Solo Seats