Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

She's Gone

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 09:03 PM
NJRK
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's too bad.....sob's!

Old 07-16-2012, 09:04 PM
Aaronstottle
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

It really sucks to hear that. We work our tails off for countless hours, year after year -
Just so some lazy *** can steal something ans sell it so he don't have to. This society
is so screwed up. I, for one, have the utmost respect for people's personal property and
their right to the pursuit of happiness.
I hope this is a set of values I can pass on to my new grandson !

Very sorry to hear about your loss. My stepson broke into my house 2 times to steal from me.
I let it go the first time. The second time, I grabbed him by the neck and slammed him into the wall.
I told him he had no reason to be on my street anymore, and there would be hell to pay if I found him in my neighborhood.
I was so ticked off - my adrenaline was fully coursing through my veins. I really wanted to end him.
The feeling of being violated by someone close to you is hard to explain.

Today, we are on speaking terms. He has drug addiction. I will help him to recover, if I can. I love the kid.
But he is still not allowed anywhere near my house. That won't heal for a long time.

I feel your pain....

Last edited by Aaronstottle; 07-16-2012 at 09:11 PM. Reason: to expound on submittal
Old 07-16-2012, 09:12 PM
mcain49
Road Master
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Sorry to hear of your loss. Not good anytime, but especially bad after spending all the time and money doing the mods and coming so close to getting it like you wanted. I know you have to keep your cool being an LEO and all, but its proper etiquette in my book to secretly fantasize about catching them and beating their ***** in. Hope your insurance company does right by you.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:16 PM
TMOUT
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Man, that just blows. I hope that in the end you come out of this okay, with the ride you wanted to switch to. Sorry for your loss man, don't let it beat you down, hope you're back on two soon.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:35 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That sucks man, sorry to hear that... hope it all works out. could be loading in a container for an overseas trip too.. most are never found

Old 07-16-2012, 09:48 PM
JY Kelly
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah, I know. I'm holding out a little hope but the realist (and cop) in me knows that's not likely.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:53 PM
Cav Cop
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JY Kelly
Yeah, I'd love to react viscerally but as an LEO, I have to stay frosty and not let my emotions get the better of me.
Trying to stay positive.
Area you live in gives to many places to look.

If on Patrol I would check with your Detectives and make it a goal to arrest some bike thives before X-Mas.

Problem I see is NY is so close and a lot of busy area's that might not notice things day or night.

Most bike thives use a truck, van, or pannel type van. They work in groups of 2 or more. A Harley tends to take three people to move when locked vs sport bikes that two can just lift and go. Odds are they orginized and go after set bikes. Find the local trends in your area if you have full access to your agency's reports. They have stolen from the area and will steal again. Could set a bait bike up with some buddies and do watch shifts. I would look at the times and days of local vehicle thefts and look at motorcycles, but more so crusiers as sport bikes tend to stick with sport bikes.

I know Harleys can be stripped and end up anywhere. But within 100 miles is a orginized group. Track them. Find out about them. Check bike shows, ebay, backpages, craigs list etc.

If you put in the effort, you can see some justice is done. Every few years we get a spike in motorcycle thefts. Most of the guys are locals that do the thefts, but the bikes/parts get sent to other places.

Night time is when most bikes get stolen, but day time is there as well. You might have a local store with video that they might let you see. You know the time line, you know it wont be a car. Neighbors might also have video.

Might cut some local offenders some slack and see if they know about bike thefts in the area. Looking at where you live its hard to pick a target area, so you might check with NY and their bike theft trends. Odds are very slim that your bike was the only one stolen in the area. If you have an auto task force they might have an idea.

Checking with loacl MC's can be good. Maybe dealing with a few of the OMC's who might be supporting the thefts (NJ/NY has a fair number of OMC's in the area).

I have been lucky in life, but set crimes make me put more effort into dealing with set crimes and can bring extra heat to catch the criminals or make them go away. I always joke at work about days being numbered forset criminals and a short time later tend to get them, but I make a hobby out of it and have officers than I can use to help with my vendeta.

I live in small city and worry about leaving my bike out over night vs in the garage. Sucks to have things stolen, but you might start targeting things, and might get a nice score if you start becomming a subject matter expert on bike thefts for your area.

Hope things work out.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:39 PM
JY Kelly
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Wow, thanks CavCop. Unfortunately, we don't have those kinds of resources. And we, as a dept. also don't have that kind of "go get 'em" attitude.

I have some brothers working on different, um, underground channels. Hopefully, I'll get some word tomorrow.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:10 AM
bcrdb
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So sorry for your loss -- you did a beautiful job on that Train. I wish you the best and hope you are treated well by insurance.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:17 AM
Scratt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sucks guy, I hope you end up pulling the guy over on your bike.............that would be fitting.

Quick Reply: She's Gone