Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Pac and Bags for Fatboy

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 10:57 AM
reddzx
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tour Pac and Bags for Fatboy

I'm getting tired of the cheap aftermarket leather saddle bag and rack bag that came with the bike. Short of mortgaging my house or using a pistol to get money for an HD set, what are some good options?

This is what came with the bike.

Last edited by reddzx; 07-16-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:31 PM
tlar1540
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For what it’s worth, save the cash & get a set you like and that are dependable. I have an 08 Heritage that I changed the leather bags to hard bags. I did this before I knew they had mounts to mount touring hard bags on my bike. I purchased a set of Cavalry Bags and do like them for the most part. They are than the touring ones but they work. I am now in the process of changing them for a set I got off an 09 SG. Here is what the Cavalry ones look like on my bike. They open just like the HD hard bags & that’s why I bought them because I do have a tour pak on my ride as well. If you like these, they will be up for sale as soon as I get my new ones back from paint, shoot me a PM with an offer & I'll consider it.. They are 20” long at the top & 18” at the bottom, 13” high & 7” wide. The nice thing about these is that the inside has that “felt spray” inside of them. I can send you better pics if you like them!!

Whatever you decide to do, buy what you want the first time & do go with the cheap ones, you will regret it every time!!
Best of luck in your search

Attached Thumbnails Tour Pac and Bags for Fatboy-img_3552.jpg  
Old 07-16-2012, 03:12 PM
Snowyone
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Default baggin it

I went with Road Glide Classic bags for my Fatboy Lo. Their leather covered hard bags and tour pac. Got the saddle bags off Craigslist for 250 and the tour pac at a yard sale for 250. Of course I'm stuck with black but thats what I wanted and I think it looks good with this style bike. Now I just need to get the Plasma Cam fired up and cut out a logo other than Road King which is on the sides of the bags. Maybe "Looooow" or 'Fatun' or maybe something real original like 'Fatboy'.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:40 PM
olongapo1
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Check out Boss Bags. Quality product with a unique detaching system.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:44 PM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Trust me when I say this, you'll spend more $$$ in the long run if you don't get what you want now because you'll never be happy with some cheaper bags. I did this with my Bob and was never happy.

That being said, I love my Leather Pro bags. Just wish they were taller.

Nice lookin' scoot, btw.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:45 PM
Totally Bored
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with www.leatherpros.com.

Here is the LP3200 on my Fatboy. They are detachable and work with my Harley Detachable Sissy Bar. I can have one or the other or both on the bike. I usually have both off but when the wife or kids ride, it's nice.

Last edited by Totally Bored; 07-16-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:29 PM
Tracker56
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

I have Fox Creek Leather Fatboy bags and Lutz leather sissy bar bag, all detachable. I usually ride without them but I kind of like the look if I have to have bags. :-)

Old 07-16-2012, 05:09 PM
liquidr1
Road Master
Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Funny that i just saw this thread. Beacause i just placed an order with Gary at Leather Pros for one of their trunk bags. I have their saddle bags on my Lo as well.

http://www.leatherpros.com/website1_006.htm

Old 07-16-2012, 05:42 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts

Leathworks saddle bags - very nice quality. Found them used. Found a used detach tour rack also and mounted a large tank bag to it for when saddle bags are too much but need stuff for rides to the coast or through the sierras. Also found a t-bag backback/bag that slides over the sissy bar and sits on the rack like the one on your bike. If funds are limited, be patient, this stuff shows up.... Otherwise, checkout Leatherworks. Or, go for hard mounted hard bags, but imo, these bikes look best with less.

Attached Thumbnails Tour Pac and Bags for Fatboy-2a.jpg   Tour Pac and Bags for Fatboy-4.jpg  
Old 07-16-2012, 06:05 PM
tas_todd
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 791 Likes on 384 Posts

I got a set of "The King w/ pockets" from these guys in Ca. Very satisfied w/ them. I do like the leather pro trunk though.

Quick Reply: Tour Pac and Bags for Fatboy