Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Softail Build

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012 | 10:21 PM
CinCityPyro
Cruiser

Really cool to see another building a softail at the same time. Your a bit further along than I, but i really like how clean your build is looking. Keep up the good work :-)

Old 06-20-2012 | 10:53 PM
trozenhorse
Road Captain

Subscribed

Old 06-20-2012 | 11:01 PM
deadrider
Road Captain

Cant wait to see more..You have some nice toys in the garage.

Who ever dies with the most toys win.

Old 06-21-2012 | 06:42 PM
williegbiker36
|
Novice

Thanks guys! ... I have big plans this weekend hopefully will get the frontend on (triple clamps, forks, brakes, risers, bars and hand controls) and then measure out the lengths for the brake, clutch and throttle lines because I have no idea what lengths I am going to need with the new bars.

I also hope to cut custom spacers and mount the rear wheel and measure the length the rear sprocket spacer offset needs to be.

Then lace and true the front wheel and measure and cut custom spacers for it too.

then if I have time I will attempt custom mount my ignition, oil cooler, speedo and coil. I would like to make my gauge cluster all smooth with only my 2" tiny digital speedo.... any ideas where to put the ignition, and larger Jagg oil cooler (i think it is about 4"x8")????????????

I will take pics along the way... and now I am obligated to accomplish atleast something this weekend.... the 4th of July completion date is looking really shakey though...

Last edited by williegbiker36; 06-21-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Old 06-21-2012 | 07:15 PM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member

Im stayin tuned in

Old 06-21-2012 | 10:00 PM
deadrider
Road Captain

you have a busy weekend ahead of yourself

Old 06-21-2012 | 10:23 PM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member

Awesome, bro! Welcome to the forums! I'm glad you share our obsession, whilst a lot of whipper-snappers your age are still kickin' back on their parents' couch playing X-box. That's probably why you don't have a lot of friends your age, but that would be a good thing, imo. You should hook up with Toastman on here. He is about your age and has some of the most entertaining posts on here. Has a sick bike, too.

Can't wait to see your finished product. I did mine last year. Ongoing, but "finished" for now until I get more money to put into 'er.

I gota ask, tho: why aren't you using DAD'S no-interest credit card for your build?

Old 06-22-2012 | 03:36 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member

cool thread!

Old 06-22-2012 | 06:21 AM
jakazz
Road Captain

heres a tip for your wheel spacers, use pvc pipe to mock up the right sizes, then cut the metal ones, its easier to cut the pvc, cheap and once you get it right its easy to make the metal from the pvc

Old 06-22-2012 | 08:23 AM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain

Originally Posted by TORQUEY
Dad should not be around anything that could hurt him or anyone else if he is drinking.

...I have to admit that I have NEVER seen a piston look even remotely like that. What is the rest of the engine like, I shudder to ask?
this is the new variable compression piston, depending on what rpm you are at it will change the compression ratio for you, thats why all the pockets are there. I see nothing wrong here! reinstall withe the matching head and all should be fine!!!

tell dad He did a FINE job!!

Quick Reply: My Softail Build