Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hub widht? Spacer width? Fork width?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 01:21 PM
christer_malmesjo@hotmail.com
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hub widht? Spacer width? Fork width?

Hi
I´m going to by a 21 inch front wheel to my Rocker and need some measurements on the stock fork and wheel. Does anyone know the stock spacer width, brake side and other side? And the front hub width? And the width between the upper fork legs? Have a nice day. //Christer

Old 06-20-2012, 02:06 PM
colonelangus1
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all you need is a stock wide glide front wheel.the wide glide hub eliminates the wide spacers your referring to ...dyna wide glide or a duece wheel will work..i have a rocker front wheel here and have compared them

i have a stock 40 spoke wide glide chrome wheel with chrome hub if needed

Old 06-20-2012, 02:16 PM
Intermediate

Does the wide glide wheel center in the stock Rocker fork? I´m going to buy 21x3,5 so I need the wheel to center properly. Do you know the stock measurements I asked about before?

Old 06-20-2012, 02:34 PM
colonelangus1
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by christer_malmesjo@hotmail.com
Does the wide glide wheel center in the stock Rocker fork? I´m going to buy 21x3,5 so I need the wheel to center properly. Do you know the stock measurements I asked about before?
sorry dude i was assuming you were going with a harley wheel..ill do some measuring on both wheels and if my buddy shows up on his rocker c ill measure the fork width etc ..he may not show until the weekend so hopefully someone else here can help before then..

Old 06-20-2012, 04:30 PM
Intermediate

Thanks, that would be great

Old 06-20-2012, 06:10 PM
suiii15
Road Captain

The rocker front wheel is a little offset in the front forks, sits just to the right, when your on the bike, The factory fender does the same and kicks a little right to match up. Part of the reason behind this is to get that 240 back there it is a bit to the right to allow the belt to line up and still run such a big wheel. Not sure if you would see any alignment issues since the rocker wheels are offset like this, but something to consider before you just drop another wheel in there. People have done this, so it is by no means out of the realm of possibility, just don't go grabbing any old 21" and trying to bomb it in there.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:51 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a 21 incher on my 08 rocker. It's definitely doable. I couldn't tell you much about measurements right now though, my wheels are off and at the powder coater.

when you order your wheel just make sure it fits your bike. the bike has been around long enough where aftermarket wheel makers would know the measurements already.

I remember when i was shopping around for my front wheel i had to go through all the hassle of measuring cause i bought the bike when HD first started making it and they were with holding all the specs to get a jump on the aftermarket market.

you should be able to call up anywhere and they should be able to hook you up.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:29 PM
swinz
1st Gear

are the rear rims also offset or anything ? asking because im wanting to change my wheels