Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mini-Floorboards + Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 08:50 PM
londo-cat
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default New Mini-Floorboards + Kit

Well, the new Mini-Floorboards came out finally (P/N 50500109) - and wife *had* to have them because she hated the pegs. So... went out and got them. But, in order to have the mini floorboards, you need the Support Kit P/N 50454-09.

Anyone familiar with the kit, it looks like this.

However, if you have a softail - the kit looks like *THIS* when you install it on your ride.

Now, I kept thinking - WHAT the hell was the HD engineer THINKING!?!?! Why would you make a bracket that covers up the swingarm chrome insert?

So... I modified it.

Thankfully - it actually came out pretty good. Next weekend I will modify the left rider stanchion bracket., this was a little different because it has to install *over* the flange for the chrome toolkit, so unless I wanted to drill a bigger hole for the stanchion to go through, this was not an option.

Attached Thumbnails New Mini-Floorboards + Kit-img_8852.jpg   New Mini-Floorboards + Kit-img_8845.jpg   New Mini-Floorboards + Kit-img_8864.jpg  
Old 06-16-2012, 08:54 PM
Tee&Vee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

That is some nice work Cat. I like the the way u got the frame pretty pice to go over the backed, at least they matched the frame paint.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:00 PM
londo-cat
Cruiser

Yeah, I was actually kind of pissed that HD would make such an *UGLY* bracket. I'm sure it's done for functionality reasons, but hell - I paid some money for those chrome inserts and I was damned if I was going to install the part and have them covered up. It actually turned out pretty good, and I used rustoleum gloss paint on the bracket once I was done with it. I had to do a lot of grinding, but was able to fit the bracket onto the nut easily once that was done. Seems that was another problem, the right side bracket is supposed to go over the nut, however what they *DON'T* tell you is that most mechanics take the swing arm bolt out - add in a BIG washer and THEN install the bracket on it.

Screw that! So I modified the hell out of the right side bracket, then re-painted it. Put 2 coats of rustoleum on it and let it bake for a few hours. Done!

Old 06-16-2012, 09:04 PM
Tee&Vee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

What temp did u put the oven on? 225f?

Old 06-16-2012, 09:08 PM
londo-cat
Cruiser

I have a small toaster oven in the garage. I put it at 175 for 1 hour. Works excellent for small parts. Also, when I put my blue on the bolts, I cook then at 125 for 1/2 hour.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:03 AM
harderd
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tell me more about the floorboards. What part number and how much?

Never mind, saw the part number was in the first post - pay attention self!

Old 06-17-2012, 11:56 AM
londo-cat
Cruiser

Ok, the part number is '50500109', here is the link to the part on the HD site.

Click Here

The support bracket kit is: P/N 50454-09

This is what it looks like when it's all on.

Attached Thumbnails New Mini-Floorboards + Kit-img_8849.jpg  
Old 02-02-2013, 10:42 PM
HDCPL4PLAY
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Mini's

I have a 2010 Heritage and I see no reason to get these brackets P/N 50454-09? I have the Mini floorboards and I don't see any reason why they won't replace the passenger pegs. I saw these installed on an 2011 at the dealer and they didn't have these brackets either? Anyone know if these are necessary on the Heritage? There is some sort of a bracket behind the peg support that has to do with the bags, maybe I don't need these?

Old 02-03-2013, 01:12 AM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,871 Likes on 4,114 Posts

@ londo-cat

HD uses a similar bracket for the standard passenger floorboards. I had to notch the swingarm pivot bolt cover to fit around the bracket because it wouldn't sit flush. In your picture, it doesn't appear that you had to do the same. Interesting?

Old 02-03-2013, 05:30 AM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 96 Posts
Angry mina floor boards

hello i have the 2010 harley fatboy lo. i want to put the new black 3 inch mini floor boards on my fatboy. do i need the bracket or will they bolt on. the dealer does not know. i called harley rep he dose not know either lol

Quick Reply: New Mini-Floorboards + Kit