Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting an itch for a VROD

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 10:20 AM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 149 Likes on 83 Posts

As a second bike you might be ok, but if you give up your Heritage to get it I think you'll end up regretting it.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:45 AM
Rumbles
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Had one amazing amazing motor! Yes I meant to say it twice but that's all I have to say about it...

Old 06-15-2012, 11:30 AM
justguth
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DresserDude
I had one for a couple of months.........just to say I had one. The problem was I had a 2003 with the 3.5 gallon tank, combined with lousy ergonomics, didn't make for an enjoyable ride for me. The bike just didn't work at all for the riding that I do. I'll always be a Full Dresser guy! However, I bought it right and made a few bucks on the deal.
Worst part about owning my Muscle was having to fill up every 100 miles. Tanks small and I rode it like it was supposed to be ridden....

Old 06-15-2012, 12:09 PM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts
Old 06-15-2012, 12:42 PM
02heritage
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny you should ask. I just sold a custom Vrod today. It was a second bike and I still did not ride it very much. It is fun to ride but like any lighter bike it does not absorb any of the bumps on the road. Just keep your heritage, you will thank me later.

Attached Thumbnails Getting an itch for a VROD-2003-vrod.jpg  
Old 06-15-2012, 01:02 PM
zramey4
Cruiser

my friend has a '12 night rod. its fun to ride and its fast, but i know deep inside hes kinda wishing he went the softail route like i did. we bought at the same time. the vrod is a fun bike dont get me wrong, but i would never own one. if you want fast save the 5k and buy a sport bike and keep your heritage.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:28 PM
poppavein
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have lots of regrets in my life, but I still have my first Ducati and my first Harley.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:44 PM
Triple M
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for all the comments. One of the things that would have to happen is that my wife quit riding. She told me if I got one that I would be telling her to quit riding..

Old 06-15-2012, 07:50 PM
Texasbrons
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Triple M
Thanks for all the comments. One of the things that would have to happen is that my wife quit riding. She told me if I got one that I would be telling her to quit riding..
This comment went right over my head, I don't get it at all.

When the VROD came out, I wanted one so bad I could taste it. I've still never gotten one or ridden one even. A guy I work with bought one and after his first long ride, he's ready to sell it. I think he's also looking to sell because he's looking to patch in with a local M/C and a VROD doesn't fit the image, but it is definitely not for long riding. Decide what kind of riding you like to do and roll with it. It does sound like it'd be a great second bike though.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:58 PM
JBourquin
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I rode one for almost 10min once. I couldn't wait to get off the damn thing. Probably the most uncomfortable bike I've ever been on. I'll keep my Heritage, until I get an Ultra that is...

Quick Reply: Getting an itch for a VROD