Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

springer classic seat

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 02:09 AM
bikerbehaviorist
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: springer classic seat

Thanks Mike NY - looks like Chicago Harley Davidson is a hot ticket to lower prices!!

Old 01-13-2007, 02:23 AM
Mike NY
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Good luck !! your a brave man drilling into that fender...

I usually check with Chicago Harley and Zanottis Harley on pricing. It's hit and miss who will be lower. Just be sure to check shipping between the two as well. I've seen the price lower at one but shipping was way more so it wound up cheaper to order at a higher price with cheaper shipping.. go figure..

Mike
NY

Old 01-13-2007, 02:48 AM
Bluerose

Does the passenger pillon fit with that seat? I have the larger seat and the brick.....

I'm so looking at the fringes....Then I would have to change the bags to the springer ones. Can't decide...just love the look. Would have to have the anniversary logo on the seat covered too.....I was thinking a blue rose

Old 01-13-2007, 02:53 AM
bikerbehaviorist
Road Master

The drilling is my only hesitation well that and $ - but that hasn't seemed to stop me before LOL

Old 01-13-2007, 12:44 PM
Mike NY
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bluerose

Does the passenger pillon fit with that seat? I have the larger seat and the brick.....

I'm so looking at the fringes....Then I would have to change the bags to the springer ones. Can't decide...just love the look. Would have to have the anniversary logo on the seat covered too.....I was thinking a blue rose
I don't know about the passenger pillion, I haven't tried it.

The standard 03 Heritage Springer seat doesn't have the anniversary Logo. Those were probably a special option.

Maybe you could have fringes added to your existing bags. Probably a lot cheaper than trying to buy HS Bags. I've seen the HS bags going for as much as $850 on Ebay. I scored mine for $330 on Ebay. I actually spoke to the guy and he was shocked that he didn't get more. They were mint 03 bags, but a deal is a deal... but with the fender strut changes and the Bubba's Brakes mounts I'm into the bags about $700.

Mike
NY

Mike
NY

Old 01-14-2007, 03:32 PM
mhendo
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

bikerbehaviorist -

I uploaded a few closeup pics of the Heritage Springer seat I put on my bike. You can access them in my photo album (link on left). I circled the wires that I had mentioned to be careful of.

Old 01-14-2007, 11:43 PM
bikerbehaviorist
Road Master

Thanks they help alot!! Did you put the seat on with the tounge in and use the bracket to mark the holes to be drilled?

Old 01-15-2007, 10:35 AM
mhendo
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

That's exactly how I did it. I also measured to make sure the bracket was centered. And make sure the tongue is set real good.

Old 04-11-2007, 07:42 PM
deluxe
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Springer seat is great like I said. I did some decent runs and not any aches like I would have with the stock Deluxe seat. Being flatter is better for sure and like I said the backrest sits right in your lower back the way it was meant to.

I'll post the part numbers for the seat if you want. The Fringed version is a bit more money.
[size=2]
51793-00 Fringed $279 Chicago Harley

51793-01 No Fringe $215 Chicago Harley

Hey Mike NY,

What year was your seat? What is the difference between the fringed and non-fringed? Is yours the non-fringed?

Was the difference between the Springer seat and the Stock Deluxe seat that huge. At 6'2" i'm sitting on the stock rail and would love to know if the springer seat and rail will help me out.

Sorry for all the questions. Hope it makes sense.

Regards

Rob

Old 04-11-2007, 08:13 PM
BarryN
Tourer

Like I posted aove, I also installed the Springer back rest rail and pad to my Deluxe but I am a short person and the back rest was still not hitting me like I wanted it to. Where you screw down the back of the rail on the rear fender, I placed a 1/2" spacer and that made the rail move closer to my back.

Quick Reply: springer classic seat