Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

springer classic seat

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 12:42 PM
Mike NY
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: springer classic seat

ORIGINAL: Animal494

On a related note: Anyone know if a 01-03 FLSTS Heritage Springer Quick Detach Passenger Rail #53736-97 would fit on the quick detach mounts on a 05 Springer Classic or if it is compatible with a stock Deluxe pillion and rack? (I've got a deluxe seat on my FLSTSC)

I had bought one to put on my Deluxe. I have my Deluxe setup exactly with the same detachable mounting as a Heritage Springer. But for some reason the Passenger Hanrail wasn't wide enough to fit into the detachachable spools. I'm not entirely sure why.

Mike
NY

Old 01-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

For a super high quality seat capable for long confy miles, I would search one company who's name starts with "M", and find one that fits the styling.
http://www.mustangseats.com/

Old 01-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Animal494
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Mike NY!! It wasn't even close enough to fit with some "adjustments", huh?

Where did you get your rider's seat rail? I remember reading in the deluxe photo forum a discussion about the part number for the rail and pad, but don't remember someone listing the part number. I've been all over the HD website and can't find the double tube "V" rail for the rider's seat that accepts the backrest pads. I've found the pads, but not the rail. Does yours fit directly into your factory deluxe seat?

Old 01-12-2007, 06:22 PM
Mike NY
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Animal494

Thanks Mike NY!! It wasn't even close enough to fit with some "adjustments", huh?

Where did you get your rider's seat rail? I remember reading in the deluxe photo forum a discussion about the part number for the rail and pad, but don't remember someone listing the part number. I've been all over the HD website and can't find the double tube "V" rail for the rider's seat that accepts the backrest pads. I've found the pads, but not the rail. Does yours fit directly into your factory deluxe seat?
Here is the Part # for the Rail: 52687-97

It is not listed in the Harley Accessories catalog.

I purchased it from Zanotti's Harley. They have been discontinued but they may be still in stock.

It is a direct replacement for the existing Deluxe Rail, no issues at all.

Mike
NY

Old 01-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: Mike NY

ORIGINAL: Bluerose

Been thinking about that one too...tried it out on a used bike and liked the fit. My bags would still match too.
You won't be sorry... trust me.. I have the Heritage Springer Bags as well and now I have a perfect match. The HS seat isn't as bucketed as the stock Deluxe seat and allows you to sit further back. The backret also does it's job much better than on the stock Deluxe seat.

Iordered it brand new from Chicago Harley.

Mike
NY
Hey there Mike! Haven't seen you for a while.

My seat is actually getting quite comfortable, but I thought I would get the Springer seat and give it a try. It's a bit flatter and my doc recommended the flat for my back.I'd love to se how the extra room for the legs works out. Also its only $250 w/no discount from the dealer since I have all the other parts...lol. I'll have to get the number and order it at the discount.

I'm also about ready for the fender strut replacement...haven't decided if I'm gonna do that or just just use the standard backrest for my daughter since she does not ride with me that often.

I have a few things to order over the winter

Old 01-12-2007, 10:15 PM
BarryN
Tourer

Just installed a springer backrest on my Deluxe.

[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-...9/DSCF4094.jpg[/img]

I use to be able to load images but now I am having problem.

Old 01-12-2007, 11:42 PM
Mike NY
Road Master

Been thinking about that one too...tried it out on a used bike and liked the fit. My bags would still match too.
You won't be sorry... trust me.. I have the Heritage Springer Bags as well and now I have a perfect match. The HS seat isn't as bucketed as the stock Deluxe seat and allows you to sit further back. The backret also does it's job much better than on the stock Deluxe seat.

Iordered it brand new from Chicago Harley.

Mike
NY
Hey there Mike! Haven't seen you for a while.

My seat is actually getting quite comfortable, but I thought I would get the Springer seat and give it a try. It's a bit flatter and my doc recommended the flat for my back.I'd love to se how the extra room for the legs works out. Also its only $250 w/no discount from the dealer since I have all the other parts...lol. I'll have to get the number and order it at the discount.

I'm also about ready for the fender strut replacement...haven't decided if I'm gonna do that or just just use the standard backrest for my daughter since she does not ride with me that often.

I have a few things to order over the winter
The only reason I did the Strut replacement was so I could mount the Springer Bags without any hassle. I used Bubba's Brakes mounting hardware for Detachables so I can also use the detachable stuff while the bags were mounted. The Bags screw on and off real easy.

The Springer seat is great like I said. I did some decent runs and not any aches like I would have with the stock Deluxe seat. Being flatter is better for sure and like I said the backrest sits right in your lower back the way it was meant to.

I'll post the part numbers for the seat if you want. The Fringed version is a bit more money.

51793-00 Fringed $279 Chicago Harley

51793-01 No Fringe $215 Chicago Harley

Mike
NY

Old 01-13-2007, 12:45 AM
bikerbehaviorist
Road Master

Ok if I am going to make the switch, will the seat assembley with the back rest 51792-01 work? This is the # my parts manual says is for a FLSTS/I
Will the following pad work with this seat - 52827-97?
Thanks!

Old 01-13-2007, 01:44 AM
Mike NY
Road Master

ORIGINAL: bikerbehaviorist

Ok if I am going to make the switch, will the seat assembley with the back rest 51792-01 work? This is the # my parts manual says is for a FLSTS/I
Will the following pad work with this seat - 52827-97?
Thanks!
I never knew you could order the Seat with Rail as an assembly... cool... Chicago Harley has it for $359.

The 52827-97 Pad should be fine. It's the Taller version of the Pad.

Mike
NY

Old 01-13-2007, 01:52 AM
Animal494
Cruiser

Here is the Part # for the Rail: 52687-97

It is not listed in the Harley Accessories catalog.

I purchased it from Zanotti's Harley. They have been discontinued but they may be still in stock.

It is a direct replacement for the existing Deluxe Rail, no issues at all.
Perfect! Thanks!! I've been looking for that number for quite some time. Zanottis is processing my order as I type! Bummer that quick detach heritage springer passenger rail doesn't fit.. i think it'd go well with the line of the bike... better than the quick detach deluxe sissbar anyway.

Thanks again!

Quick Reply: springer classic seat