Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy bars question..opinions needed..

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Housegoat
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fatboy bars question..opinions needed..

Have an 09 fatboy with stock bars, Im having some issues with having to short arm the bars and bending my elbows more than I like.. Also my hands are turned out too much..
Like to get a set of bars about 3" higher and not as much pullback.. I want to be more leaned back and arm's straighter..

Any suggestions? Street slammers??

Last edited by Housegoat; 06-12-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:02 PM
bazzhed
Cruiser

Before I bought street spammers I adjusted the bar angle on my 07. Turned them down a good bit. Felt better on the wrist and shoulders. Bought street slammers and have been very pleased ever since. Just did a 800 mile weekend from the Baltimore area to Cooperstown last weekend. Shoulders feel great, every once in a while my throttle hand would tingle, but I would just throttle lock it for a second and shake it out, and keep on truckin. Slammers definitely did the trick for me. I'm 6'3"

Old 06-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Housegoat
Road Captain

Originally Posted by bazzhed
Before I bought street spammers I adjusted the bar angle on my 07. Turned them down a good bit. Felt better on the wrist and shoulders. Bought street slammers and have been very pleased ever since. Just did a 800 mile weekend from the Baltimore area to Cooperstown last weekend. Shoulders feel great, every once in a while my throttle hand would tingle, but I would just throttle lock it for a second and shake it out, and keep on truckin. Slammers definitely did the trick for me. I'm 6'3"
Im same height, how much higher are the Slammers than the stock bars were on your bike? I thought about rotating my bars forward to get them higher and further away from me until i get bars.. I added a fatboy Lo seat and it helped some but its just not enough..

Old 06-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Cpope84
1st Gear

I just installed newer style Heritage bars on my FatBoy. They are pretty comfortable and am able to sit up straighter. Ill get pics soon.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:50 PM
iupsig97
Tourer

Originally Posted by Cpope84
I just installed newer style Heritage bars on my FatBoy. They are pretty comfortable and am able to sit up straighter. Ill get pics soon.
Your newer style Heritage bars, do you have a brand or part number? I would be interested in seeing the pics. Sounds what I'm looking to do.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:09 PM
mrdeere1959
Advanced

I just put the harley pull back risers on and it made a big improvement. 3" up and 1" back

Old 06-12-2012, 09:10 PM
lbottini
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I put 1.25" Carlini Street Bars on my Fat Boy. Love the feel; lots of choices out there.

Carlini:
http://www.carlinidesign.com/handleb...reetbar125.php

Flanders:
http://www.SideRoadCycles.com/Americ...andlebars.html

Old 06-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Cpope84
1st Gear

I don't have part numbers. Im assuming they are HD brand as I am getting them put on at the dealer. Im getting a little bit more work done so I won't be able to get pics for another week or so.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Housegoat
Road Captain

Originally Posted by lbottini
I put 1.25" Carlini Street Bars on my Fat Boy. Love the feel; lots of choices out there
Like the look but I think i need something taller.. Unfortunately I dont have anyones bike to sit on and check out..Everyone I ride with has either stock bars or Apes..

Old 06-13-2012, 11:20 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I'd suggest the ones I went with (pic below). Most comfortable bars I've used.

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/500-320

Quick Reply: Fatboy bars question..opinions needed..