Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy, used or new?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012 | 09:51 PM
hamdizle
Cruiser

for me the extra $50 per month was worth getting a new bike....congrats...the fatty is the best hd out there.....

Old 06-16-2012 | 10:05 PM
GlockGuy
|
Road Master

No way street bob. Mine is the only one... Lol.

And hamdizzle, idk how much the pmt on a new one would be, but I know the best deal ive read about is $18k+ OTD. And im sure that would be more than $250/mo including ins, but maybe not, like I said I didn't actually check on financing a new one. And although I have only ridden a fatty and a wide glide I'm going to go ahead and agree w u, with my endless experience and unbiasedness, that the fatty IS the best HD lol

Old 06-17-2012 | 01:09 AM
_Gir_
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by GlockGuy
I asked if it had abs and he said he didn't know but I thought it might if it was available back then. Is there a way to tell by looking?
If you do have ABS there is a black bearing on the left side of the wheel. Also a black wire runs down the left fork just over the brake caliper mount. It's seperate of the brake line itself.

Old 06-17-2012 | 03:11 PM
Leonidas__300
Intermediate

where did you get that helmet man? its awesome

Old 06-17-2012 | 06:48 PM
rastajacob
Road Captain

Im late in the game, but I would suggest use. bought mine "pre owned" for around $10K with 8,000 miles on it. Pretty good for an '03.

Old 06-17-2012 | 07:05 PM
rastajacob
Road Captain

OOPS..! Just saw you already got your bike !! Great Purchase..Have fun man,,, you are gonna love that bike !!!

Old 06-17-2012 | 07:45 PM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member

The smart answer is probably to buy used . . . . . but there is nothing like the feeling of riding a brand new bike home from the dealer. I bought my last two scooters new.

Old 06-18-2012 | 08:47 AM
GlockGuy
|
Road Master

Yea i def want to buy new someday, but i figure if i get this paid off in a few years and have some money in addition to a paid off bike for a down pmt, that may be an option, but i just cant justify financing $18k for a bike, lol
Anyway, going to have trouble getting the pics on here. Our computer crapped out this weekend and idk how, or if, i can get photos from my phone (android) to the forum

Also, i checked there was no ABS for the fatboy in 09, so this guy got the security package but that didnt include ABS

I forgot to add in last time, i wanted to ride it home but the wife was convinced that you can get a faulty tag ticket if you dont have plates, even if you have the bill of sale. so we took a trailer. after we got the bike up on the trailer there was no way i could let it stay up there. i must have been too heavy or something but it just didnt feel stable, so we took it back down. The guy i bought it from came back out of his house and asked me if everything was alright, told him i was riding it. Then my step dad said" Doyou have your helmet?" Which i didnt bc i didnt plan on riding it, so the guy says hold on... and goes and gets his helmet and says you can have this, i guess i wont be needing it anyway. and gives me a skorpion helmet with the drop down visor, open face

Last edited by GlockGuy; 06-18-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Old 06-18-2012 | 10:23 AM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by GlockGuy
Yea i def want to buy new someday, but i figure if i get this paid off in a few years and have some money in addition to a paid off bike for a down pmt, that may be an option, but i just cant justify financing $18k for a bike, lol
Anyway, going to have trouble getting the pics on here. Our computer crapped out this weekend and idk how, or if, i can get photos from my phone (android) to the forum

Also, i checked there was no ABS for the fatboy in 09, so this guy got the security package but that didnt include ABS

I forgot to add in last time, i wanted to ride it home but the wife was convinced that you can get a faulty tag ticket if you dont have plates, even if you have the bill of sale. so we took a trailer. after we got the bike up on the trailer there was no way i could let it stay up there. i must have been too heavy or something but it just didnt feel stable, so we took it back down. The guy i bought it from came back out of his house and asked me if everything was alright, told him i was riding it. Then my step dad said" Doyou have your helmet?" Which i didnt bc i didnt plan on riding it, so the guy says hold on... and goes and gets his helmet and says you can have this, i guess i wont be needing it anyway. and gives me a skorpion helmet with the drop down visor, open face
Probably wouldn't' have gotten a ticket with all the right paperwork, but oh well. Women, always trying to interfere with having a good time.

Very cool of the guy to give you his helmet.

As for getting pics from phone, I don't think that it's possible.

Old 06-18-2012 | 01:58 PM
GlockGuy
|
Road Master

yea now i just have to wait to get it plated.
the guy had to pay off the loan through HD first so it will be 10 days for him to get the title, then cert mail it to me.
at first i wasnt going to do the deal when he didnt have title in hand, but after talking to my bank a little while, my loan officer said to just go down and check it out and something feels fishy then bring the check back and it will be no problem. So 1. we met the guy at his house (if you were scamming i dont think you would invite the person to your house) 2. His house was a CASTLE. at least $500k, probably more 3. He had paid it off that morning, printed out his acct page from the HD site of what his pay off was, then him making the payment to pay it off, signed it. and put in the B.O.S what we had discussed as far as 10 days for title, cert mail, etc.
We talked for 15 min about how his wife had surprised him and bought him the bike for his BDay a few years back, and all around i believe the guy and think it wont be any problem.

My question is, can i get a temp plate from the BMV, or better yet, HD dealer with my bill of sale? so that i dont have to sit for 2+ weeks and stare at it in the garage all night long... i mean im starting to leave a stain where the drool keeps puddling up on the floor

Quick Reply: Fatboy, used or new?