Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 11:00 PM
harleybiker
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Softail Deluxe

Any owners of this great looking bike? How is this for a first timer? Thanks

hb

Old 08-03-2005, 12:01 AM
Dave Deluxe
Advanced
Default RE: Softail Deluxe

check this thread....i am totally thrilled with mine! just got it four days ago.

https://www.hdforums.com/m_83293/tm.htm

Old 08-03-2005, 01:36 AM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

I don't own one but I've heard a lot of good things about them and a lot of people seem to like them. If I didn't already have a new Harley I would probably look into one for myself.

Old 08-03-2005, 03:42 AM
ENZOTHEBAKER
Tourer

Im also a first timer as far as motorcycles are concerned and I tell you, this is a fun bike. I'm sure all the softails are basically the same ride, even though the deluxe sits a little lower, but the looks of this ride cant be beat -IMHO-Out of the box the bike has enough on her, but if you add a little of your own magic then the bike really stands out.

The only other thing I'll add is that you should test ride one before you buy. I almost made a mistake by buying a bike before I had my license and therefore I couldnt test ride one. My Deluxe was in the shop getting her spa treatments done while I was doing the riders edge course, when I got done with the course and got my license, I went and rented a Deluxe for 3 days. It felt a little cramped and I panicked since she was about to be ready for delivery the next day(with many many many chrome parts that the dealer did not want to take off). I immediatly called my dealer and told him of my concerns and told him that I wanted to test ride the SE Fat Boy(another awsome looking bike). I did ride the FB and it was a little more comfortable due to different risers and seat. I was stuck between a blonde and a brunette(oh the problems we have)--After reading this forum, I got the knowledge I needed to make the right decision based on some minor modifications to the handlebars and the seat of the Deluxe. I made the choice the next day. Even though the SE FB is a bad ***, the looks of my Deluxe give me and my wife goosebumps everytime we look at it.--I still wake up and find myself in the gareage at 4 am. I love my 'Sofia'

Old 08-03-2005, 09:02 AM
keninnj
Cruiser

Love my Deluxe. I have road bikes for years and this is my first Harley. Great for the long and short trips. Get a wind shield. It pops on and off with ease. Best of luck...

Old 08-03-2005, 11:58 AM
MB
Advanced

I picked up my deluxe about a month ago and is my first Harley. Echo everything said so far, love it.. Have not ridden very many other Harleys, but assume you will be happy with what ever you choose. Personally, i just love the styling of the deluxe, and, at 5'8, believe is best suited bike for me being height challenged. Would highly suggest windshield also.. I almost didn't buy one, but find myself using it more often than not now. I too was in dilemna of which bike to buy, and even after ordering had some reservations. Now that i have had the bike a while and the dust has settled, i can say with 100% certainty the deluxe was the right choice for me personally..

Old 08-03-2005, 07:48 PM
cran
Cruiser

Ditto to all of you. My deluxe is my first love in the Harley family. I had concerns at 6' 3" 230# if I would comfortable...I am and like MB I'm 100% satisfied with my choice.

Old 08-06-2005, 02:49 PM
billvaughn
Tourer

I have a 99 Wide Glide and an 05 Deluxe....The Deluxe is like riding in a Caddy compared to the Dyna. My only problem is keeping my wife off of it....She can't ride the Dyna due to forward controls....Too short!!!!!

Old 08-06-2005, 02:53 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

If you want to have a little fun, tell your wife that you are putting forward controls on the Deluxe and see what she says?