Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New seat for the Night Train

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012 | 09:05 PM
NDBadlands4-2
|
Extreme HDF Member
Default New seat for the Night Train

I am looking at getting a bit more comphy seat for the wife and I on our Night Train. The choices have been narrowed to the Deep bucket Sundowner Harley seat or the Dual Tour Corbin. Anyone have either of these? Tell me the positives and negatives of either, or if you have any other ideas, let me know.

Old 06-10-2012 | 03:31 AM
Deadanimal
Tourer

I have a corbin dual tour on my other bike and love it will never change that one out. Ridden it in a single ride bout a grand miles and not one problem to report...

Trying a different seat on my Lo and hope it can even come close.

Old 06-10-2012 | 06:45 AM
FXBadass
Tourer

I can't attest to the ones that you listed, but the Mustang Touring or Vintage Wide series are "go for hours" comfortable. You can get them in two-piece or one piece. My wife has the vintage wide solo on her bike with the backrest and that is a great seat. She's not cripple 2 hours later like I am.

Old 06-10-2012 | 06:58 AM
TMOUT
Tourer

My 07 Train had a LePera solo seat that was about as comfortable as plywood when I bought it, & I wanted to be able to ride two up. I bought an OE 07 FXSTC Softail Custom seat through eBay for $100 in mint condition, and also found the black textured sissy bar to fit for $80. Now I have the look I wanted, with a very comfortable seat for both of us, and since it's a Harley seat, no fit/movement issues.

Old 06-10-2012 | 11:03 AM
NDBadlands4-2
|
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Catch My Train
My 07 Train had a LePera solo seat that was about as comfortable as plywood when I bought it, & I wanted to be able to ride two up. I bought an OE 07 FXSTC Softail Custom seat through eBay for $100 in mint condition, and also found the black textured sissy bar to fit for $80. Now I have the look I wanted, with a very comfortable seat for both of us, and since it's a Harley seat, no fit/movement issues.
That does look like a very comfortable seat. My wife would approve of that.

Old 06-10-2012 | 11:44 AM
2010Deluxeguy
Road Master

Ive got a softail sundowner deep bucket that is for sale. It came off my Deluxe when i went to a solo seat. Let me know if you are interested

Old 06-10-2012 | 03:55 PM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member

My chopper has a Corbin solo seat on it. When you first sit on it it seems too hard but it really is way more comfortable after hours in the saddle than the Badlander on my NT. I'd like to get a Mustang pillow look for my Train.

Old 06-10-2012 | 08:11 PM
bobschit
Novice

I have a Saddlemen Explorer on mine. No complaints ever from the wife.

Attached Thumbnails New seat for the Night Train-006.jpg   New seat for the Night Train-005.jpg  
Old 06-10-2012 | 09:57 PM
NDBadlands4-2
|
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by bobschit
I have a Saddlemen Explorer on mine. No complaints ever from the wife.
I had not looked at the Saddleman seats. That is a nice looking seat.

Old 06-11-2012 | 07:34 AM
Branner
Road Warrior

Badlands: You're in a position most of us aren't lucky enough to be in, you own two bikes. Why try to make the Night Train comfy when you don't have to? No matter what seat you put on, it'll NEVER be as comfy as your bagger. If I were you, I'd go in the opposite direction; strip that bad boy down and make it a little hot rod! You can always throw a detachable sissy bar and lick and stick on for short cruises with the wife, and then go back to the bagger for longer rides.

Quick Reply: New seat for the Night Train