Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New seat for the Night Train

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012 | 08:33 AM
NDBadlands4-2
|
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Branner
Badlands: You're in a position most of us aren't lucky enough to be in, you own two bikes. Why try to make the Night Train comfy when you don't have to? No matter what seat you put on, it'll NEVER be as comfy as your bagger. If I were you, I'd go in the opposite direction; strip that bad boy down and make it a little hot rod! You can always throw a detachable sissy bar and lick and stick on for short cruises with the wife, and then go back to the bagger for longer rides.
That was the idea when I got it. It was to be my commuter bike and just for short cruises etc. I bought the detchable backrest for the Mrs. but did not expect her to be on the bike much. Bad/good thing is she LOVES the Night Train. Loves the sound (The Ultra is fairly quiet), loves the look and the wind that she does not get on the Ultra. We do many long days on the Ultra, it is a 2012 and has 11,000 miles on it, but she has decided to embrace her inner bad girl and wants to be out on the Softail as well.

Old 06-11-2012 | 08:59 AM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member

The Sundowner came with my Deuce when I bought it. I have it sitting on a shelf in my garage waiting for trips and such. I've only ridden about 170 miles at a time before having to stop for gas, but it's an extremely comfortable seat and I have a feeling that I could go all day on it with just the gas refills at every 170 miles. It has good back support, which is a must for longer trips for me. I also have a Bare Bones which I just got about two weeks ago and even though I can deal with it being hard as a rock (owned sport bikes with a strip of padding as a seat for the past 10 years or so), I can't deal with it not really having any back support with the seating position on the Deuce. After a while, it starts to get a bit uncomfortable and I'm sure people are looking at me funny for moving around all the time trying to get comfortable.

Old 06-23-2012 | 08:32 PM
Night train David
Advanced
Smile Comfortable Seat

Of course I started with the factory seat,then a corbin gun fighter way to hard everyone told me it would get better it didnt.I got a Mustang solo with passenger pad best seat I had on my Night Train.I have a SG now but I removed the seat when I traded so if you havent gotten a seat by now and you are interested let me know and I will send you some pictures no scuffs or cuts on this seat looks brand new.$250 would buy both the seat and passenger pillow.call me 662-844-6988

Old 06-23-2012 | 08:42 PM
SandmanWV
Advanced

Originally Posted by NDBadlands4-2
I am looking at getting a bit more comphy seat for the wife and I on our Night Train. The choices have been narrowed to the Deep bucket Sundowner Harley seat or the Dual Tour Corbin. Anyone have either of these? Tell me the positives and negatives of either, or if you have any other ideas, let me know.

I have the sundowner on my night train.. i little bulky but the wife sure loves it.