Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of Garage Leathers swing arm bag!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012 | 06:22 PM
97HeritageSpringer
Tourer

Originally Posted by socal yankee
Btw, Nick the bike looks sweet with it on, fo sho!
Ditto!

Old 06-07-2012 | 06:38 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 97HeritageSpringer
I would really like to have one that clear the duals on my Springer. If the bottom was "chopped off" some, do you think it would work. I may look into having one custom made by a leather shop.
Choppin the bottom would probably work, but it would have to be a pretty sizeable chop. Enough to where the capacity of the bag would be significantly compromised. Warg blogged about mounting the bag in a way that would keep the shape of the back of the bag rigid. I thought of either fabbing up something like that with lower mounting holes on the bag that would raise the bag up a little or I did look into mounting the bag on the strut itself. The bottom two straps line up pretty well with the top of the swing arm. I cannot decide if I like the look of the bag that high though.
I'll think of somethin.

Old 06-07-2012 | 07:10 PM
Rodzilla6
Road Warrior

Looks great! I have a similar leatherworks bag on my rocker and it works great! I use that and 3 forkbags (1 on fork, 1 on right side above exhaust and 1 on front lower frame, I dump them in the room when we settle in) when I travel (minimalist). I like the latch!

Old 06-07-2012 | 07:12 PM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member

Man I really love the looks of the garage leathers bags but I think I'm stuck going with the leatherworks bag since I would like the 5" for the extra room...

Old 06-07-2012 | 07:19 PM
97HeritageSpringer
Tourer

Originally Posted by socal yankee
Choppin the bottom would probably work, but it would have to be a pretty sizeable chop. Enough to where the capacity of the bag would be significantly compromised. Warg blogged about mounting the bag in a way that would keep the shape of the back of the bag rigid. I thought of either fabbing up something like that with lower mounting holes on the bag that would raise the bag up a little or I did look into mounting the bag on the strut itself. The bottom two straps line up pretty well with the top of the swing arm. I cannot decide if I like the look of the bag that high though.
I'll think of somethin.
I guess it would still be better than nothing. Right now, my only storage is the teardrop toolbox, which is obviously very small. I do have the windshield bag, but I very rarely run the windshield until the winter months or trips longer than a day trip.

Old 06-07-2012 | 07:48 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member

word of advice.. tape some duct tape to the bottom of the bag .. and check after a few nice lefties.. if they are good, you are good.. if they scrape.. lift .. and repeat ..

Old 06-07-2012 | 08:58 PM
LAVDoc
Intermediate

I really love the look of those swing arm bags, the one I have is 5 inches wide from Sideroad Cycles and have not scraped it.

Old 06-08-2012 | 12:24 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member

i have a leatherworks which is great, but i like the garageleathers one with the big aero buckle, looks good

Old 06-08-2012 | 02:06 AM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

They CAN scrape. But I was pushing hard and it barely touched. Over 10k miles on this bag. It's dirty right now but it's waxed and protected so it will just wipe clean. Absolutley FANTASTIC bag! I'd buy another if I ever had to no question!

Old 06-12-2012 | 01:40 PM
Liberator
Cruiser

Absolutely love this bag. Do you think I'll have any issues trying to mount it if I have axle covers on my bike?

Quick Reply: Pics of Garage Leathers swing arm bag!