Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clean Rear Fender Options (2010 FatBoy LO)

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012 | 08:18 PM
Joshua Chane
|
Advanced
Default Clean Rear Fender Options (2010 FatBoy LO)

Been learking for a while and dont post much but I am calling for some help on rear fender options.

My goal to have a clean rear fender. I have moved the tail light and the license plate to the swingarm. I will remove my turn signals for some much smaller ones. I will have to replace the rear fender anyways (damaged) so this opens me up for options. The bike is lowered in the rear if that matters I dont really prefer a bobbed off style fender vs. a tail dragger as long as its clean... Also I have a Lepera Bare Bones seat and I would like to keep it if possible because I went through 3 or 4 seats before I decided on this one because it sets the lowest I have found...

Roland Sands or the Heartland fender set up is nice but I am waiting on RSD to call me back about my seat working with thier kit and the Heartland does not seem to work with my model and year bike...

I would also consider a longer than stock fender like a Klock Werks as long as its steel and no holes but I have also left them a message waiting on a responce...

One other requirement is I must be able to have a rear seat and want this removable (no hard I know) because my girl likes to ride too. It doesnt have to be a large seat as she is pretty small.

I have looked through a TON of pictures on here and it doesnt seem like anyone has replaced thier rear fender on the newer bikes yet... Ordering a new factory fender is not an option either becuase the dealer told me they are 30 to 45 days out and I have a ride I need to go on 4th of July...

Any suggestions? Pictures would be nice with your suggestions as well. Thank you in advance. JC

Old 06-03-2012 | 09:15 PM
TheGriz
Advanced

I personally like the RSD.... I plan on using it on my blackline when the funds finally acumulate! Just my 2¢

Old 06-03-2012 | 11:02 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member

Fireman1501 can custom stretch and smooth your stock fender. Here's a pic of a newer (200mm) fatboy fender he did recently. This allows you to get a custom look and keeps the fitment and ability to use any seat made for the your bike. By the way, I don't make anything off these things. He's a buddy of mine and does good work.

Old 06-03-2012 | 11:23 PM
Fireman1501
Road Master

Depending on how bad your rear fender is damaged we may be able to still use it to custom make it to your needs... The bike above is one I did last month and I stretched it 9" to get the look he wanted and I also tucked it towards the tire to give it the cleaner look with the wheel instead of the duck tail look. PM me or call or text me at 903-456-7913.. I can sure help point ya in the right direction..

Old 06-03-2012 | 11:25 PM
Fireman1501
Road Master
Old 06-03-2012 | 11:54 PM
509Rider
Road Master

Originally Posted by WARG
Fireman1501 can custom stretch and smooth your stock fender. Here's a pic of a newer (200mm) fatboy fender he did recently. This allows you to get a custom look and keeps the fitment and ability to use any seat made for the your bike. By the way, I don't make anything off these things. He's a buddy of mine and does good work.

That's exactly how I want my rear fender, but still want to retain my Tombstone taillight, and signals. Whats the price to do this?

Old 06-04-2012 | 12:10 AM
Joshua Chane
|
Advanced

Using my stock fender is not an option. It is damaged beyond fixing even to its back to stock form. That's why I have looked at on the self solutions. Again, remember I have a ride July 4th so building a custom fender isn't exactly the quickest option either. And Harley can't even get me a stock fender by then.

Thanks for the inpit, please keep lithe options coming. JC

Old 06-04-2012 | 07:45 AM
Fireman1501
Road Master

Search eBay.. I have purchased ones from there many times and modded them..

Old 06-04-2012 | 07:47 AM
Fireman1501
Road Master

Originally Posted by 509Rider
That's exactly how I want my rear fender, but still want to retain my Tombstone taillight, and signals. Whats the price to do this?
Pm me or call.. We can go over what it takes to give your bike it's own personal look..

Old 06-19-2012 | 03:29 PM
06redneck
Cruiser

Whos bike is this? do you happen to know the color code of this paint? thanks

Originally Posted by WARG

Quick Reply: Clean Rear Fender Options (2010 FatBoy LO)