Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what am i hearing??

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 06:50 PM
jlasoftail
Road Warrior
Received 97 Likes on 53 Posts

My bike is a 09, so it could be that, but I don't think it's loose, that has a pretty different sound. Anyways, I put the timing back up a little (still back up to 3* from the hd flash) and the bike pulls like a freight train, I turned up the music a little, and I'm gonna ride the h#ll out of it like I always do. If it's a little carbon that I couldn't clean out of it, I'll clean her out the old fashion way, if it's something else, let her blow. For now, it's time to ride!!

Old 06-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jlasoftail
yeah, the guy that helped me put the cams in took it out for a ride. He said he tried and couldn't make it ping. Not that I don't trust him, but he's, well, lets say getting up in years and doesn't hear as well as he used to. But, that being said, I'm thinking that's a possibility. I'm scared I'm just focusing in on it to much, and god knows what I'm hearing. I'll not wast my time at the dealer because all they ever say is that they can't hear anything, or "every harley does that". They're probably right, lol. And yeah, no tuner, tuner, makes no difference.
I would say that you don't have an issue and it's something other than spark knock or ping. What I don't know as it would be search and repair. I am sure that something else is making the noise cause changing the tuner out would have some effect on it. I'd ride it and listen to something other than the noise and after a while it will go away and if it gets worse it should be easier to find...Time to ride and enjoy it