Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many lone wolves?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012 | 07:13 AM
challutz
Cruiser

Started riding when I was 18 now im 45 in all those years of riding I think ive ridden about a dozen times with other people. Did a couple poker runs too. Everytime ive done it there has always been some type of close call. Wether its someone whos about **** their pants and suddenly slams on the brakes cause they saw a good spot, or some ******* showboating that gasses it around a mild turn and goes completely sideways in front of you, to the guy in front who doesnt really know the way and slams on his brakes to make the turn. That to me is not a relaxing day on the bike. When i was younger it didnt bother me as much but I guess im starting to value life a little more these days. I should say that all these instances were always on the East Coast, ive never had any problems out west riding with people. So with all that being said am I a Lone wolf?? You bet your *** I am.

Old 05-29-2012 | 07:24 AM
AladinSane
Cruiser

SHRUB

Solo Harley Riding Urban Biker

Old 05-29-2012 | 08:00 AM
toxicstang99
Cruiser

Solo Rider here as well. I also use my scoot for daily transportation. My brother was over the other day and asked me when the last time was I drove my car, it's been about 3 weeks. Haha. The irony of it is I just bought the car about a month ago. He suggested a battery tender. Ha!

Like others have stated, riding styles can vary greatly. I don't want to have to slow down for novice riders, or keep up to speed with out of control riders either. If I do ride it's with a buddy of mine and/or my brother. But we actually hang out so riding with them is just another way we chill.

Old 05-29-2012 | 08:11 AM
oct1949
Club Member

Actually prefer to ride most of the time with just the wife sitting on the rear.

Retirement does have its perks as far as we go where want and when we want without having to get others to agree.

We just pick a direction and head out. Only time we have a destination is when we go to out for something to eat about once a week.

Old 05-29-2012 | 08:12 AM
STLFLSTF_Mike
Road Master

Originally Posted by Motown Strag
Dont post an add on Craigslist for "a buddy who likes to ride"...lol

jk
That's good advice

I'm a little older than most of the guys I ride with, they still have kids at home so they can't get out as much as I can........I got up early yesterday and just rode to Hanibal, 150 miles just cause it was nice and cool.....before the heat of the day, I'm good with that!

Old 05-29-2012 | 08:30 AM
fmnspooch
Road Master

90% of the time I ride solo...The other 10% is with my 2 neighbors one has a nice street glides and the other a pro-street custom softail that he built himself. Funny thing though, they only go riding with me when its cloudy out. I can't figure out why....ha ha.

Old 05-29-2012 | 09:56 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member

Been riding motorcycles since 1971 started with MX bikes and always went to the races and riding with friends. Started on street bikes in 1977 and almost always rode alone. When started riding again in 1995 and got my first HD I rode about 50% of the time on weekends with the local HOG but found I like setting my own pace and destination.

I probably ride 90% of my 15,000-20,000 miles a year alone since 2006 and like it that way

Old 05-29-2012 | 10:04 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

I ride alone.... easier to relax when I don't have to keep a constant eye on the bike right in front of me.

~Joe

Old 05-29-2012 | 10:23 AM
SoonerSoftail
Road Master

I ride alone. I want to go where I want to go and do, or not do, what I want to do, or not do without input from anyone else. My bike is all I need.

I do an occasional poker run or other charity ride but usually end up riding by myself on those if I can. I was a member of a motorcycle organization well known for its child abuse prevention activities. I absolutely hated the group rides we were required to go on and that was my main reason for leaving them.

Old 05-29-2012 | 02:33 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member

I ride solo, Lone Wolf to the bone. I do my own thing and besides, riding from one bar to another is not riding to me. I always have and probably always will. 25 years ago I moved here and with the job I have, the hours I work it has been very hard meeting people too. I have 1 friend who rides and thats it for me. I ride where I want, when I want and how I want.

Quick Reply: How many lone wolves?