Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many lone wolves?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012 | 10:44 PM
HarkinsBG
Advanced

I ride with maybe one or two other guys every once in a while, and almost never with a large group. Most of my riding is done solo, so I guess you could call me a lone wolf.

To include the One Man WolfPack speech from the Hangover

Old 05-28-2012 | 10:46 PM
12limited
Tourer

I mostly ride alone just one bike. My wife goes when she can, she loves to ride.
I do not ride with a Pack...Pack = 3 or more bikes for me.
With the pack there is one in every crowd that do not pay attention and will run over or into you...
I occasionally travel with one more bike that I trust the rider and know he is safe.
We eat when we get hungry and stop when we get tired or need fuel. Toss the watches...turn the ringers off the phones. Riding is time to relax, unwind, disconnect.

Traveling with a group is such a pain in the a$$, trying to decide where you gonna eat (he/she don't like that kinda food) and a pain trying to seat a group in a resturant, you have to wait to long to seat that many, where you gonna stay (that hotel looks junky and you have to pay $180 a night to satisfy them).

Call me un-socialble. I barely socialize with my extended family. I stay away from home working over 1/2 the time.

Old 05-28-2012 | 11:20 PM
roadkingharry
Road Captain

I never understood the desire to ride with other bikers, seemed to defeat the purpose in having a bike in the first place.

Old 05-28-2012 | 11:43 PM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member

I prefer riding alone especially on longer trips. Short trips with friends or family are great, but it's nice to get on the road alone and do my own thing. I have no desire to ride in a group. Absolutely none. That sorta defeats the purpose of riding in my opinion. SJ Ron

Old 05-28-2012 | 11:51 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

I've been riding over 10 years now and I've ridden with friends but have never been with an MC. I like getting out there and being by myself. Occasionally I'm joined by oth riders on the road for a short time, and then we part ways.

I'm planning a trip across 5 states and I'm going alone. I can't wait. Out there by myself with no one to answer to or be bothered with.

All that being said, I enjoy getting together with people from time to time, but most of the time I'm a 0%er. Lone wolf.

Old 05-29-2012 | 12:18 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member

Lone rider here too. Got 3 buds I love to ride with but we are all busy and rarely get to ride togather. Prefer to be alone than to ride with a new rider. I do have one exception but he is moving to the bay area. Besides most prolly wouldnt want to ride with me. Sometimes I ride like a drag racing *** and other times ride like grandpa taking in the view.

Old 05-29-2012 | 12:41 AM
Profittspeppers
Novice

Great Topic.... I haven't been riding all that long but I've rode with my boss and 2 other guys from work a handfull of times, and their pace is goofy at times, and I much prefer to ride alone, or with my pops....

Old 05-29-2012 | 03:28 AM
magna
Stellar HDF Member

Yeah I'm a lone rider to, 20 years ago when I got into Harley's I went on a couple of Hog ride outs but the capabilities of some riders plus everyone looking like counterfeit outlaws with all the Hog patches and pins on their jackets kinda put me off, and I've no interest in joining any other MC so I'm quite happy riding alone and meeting and talking to people when I get where I'm going.

Old 05-29-2012 | 05:58 AM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member

I rid e alone and with some large groups and just a couple friends. I love to ride alone as I just forget about everything and just cruise, sometimes fast and sometimes not so fast. Bigger groups are a pain if you lead then just keping track of everyone is a problem, then like as whats been said eating is an issue too...It is fun at times with groups 3 or more. I could just ride alone and be happy all the time

Old 05-29-2012 | 06:47 AM
08rock
Road Master

ALone most of the time ,ocasionally with a couple of buds, and sometimes with a group.
I like to mix it up

Quick Reply: How many lone wolves?