Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe buffeting cured!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 07:23 AM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

My question is guys WHY do you care if someone wants to wear a helmet and jacket? If you don't want to wear gear great have at it but respect people who make a different choice.

TO OP. Good job fixing your buffetting it can cause your body to take a beating.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:35 AM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 186 Likes on 147 Posts

Rock the fangs also in the winter. They work great. Interesting how this site can become fashion conscious with clothes also... lol Wear what you want and ride on.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:04 PM
Deluxe47
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pictures!

Originally Posted by BB06FLHX
Any pics of the "fangs"?
Sorry, crappy cell phone pics, I had to crouch down to get a good picture of them, which makes them look like they hang farther out from the fork than they do. while standing next to the bike the blend in really well and arent as odd looking as the pictures make them seem.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:08 PM
Deluxe47
Novice

Originally Posted by KumaRide
Rock the fangs also in the winter. They work great. Interesting how this site can become fashion conscious with clothes also... lol Wear what you want and ride on.
I intend to!

You have a great looking bike, one of my favorites on here. That color combo looks great.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:38 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lizdc
My question is guys WHY do you care if someone wants to wear a helmet and jacket? If you don't want to wear gear great have at it but respect people who make a different choice.

TO OP. Good job fixing your buffetting it can cause your body to take a beating.
I'm not bashing as much as I don't understand the whole point of it. We all want to survive a crash should it happen. I see people in shorts t-shirt and a fullface helmet, so if you go down at speed with that you will still look good from the neck up. I see people in full leathers and yes they ride real hard and push it to the limit. Wear what you want.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:53 PM
fcsallan
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm a big fan of the fangs in the colder months too.

A bit too warm down here to have them on during the warmer months though. Buffetting or not, you need the air to move.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:40 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

This thread went from "Buffeting" to "Bad ***", why? I can say this, I have been riding for 40 years now and I have never worn a helmet. I have a very heavy leather coat but I can't stand wearing it unless I am about to freeze. I only wear gloves if the same occurs. I never understood how guys can wear a leather coat or vest, with what ever under it and those half leather gloves when its 90 out!!! It is those who I think are trying to look to be "Bad ***"!!! although I still don't understand it. If a guy wants to wear a helmet that does not mean he is a P*#@^!! I do agree if someone is that worried about getting hurt that maybe they should look into other avenues for fun. I don't think we should knock this guys choices though and surly we shouldn't judge him either, IMHO!!! He said he was new, cut him some slack. I know I sure can't cast the 1st stone!!! I am a firm believer, "To each thier own" and let it go at that. Welcome aboard Dude and enjoy. There is a ton of wealth and information on this site. There are also some great idea's that come from people on this site as well. Take the good, ignore the bad and ride and be happy, after all, thats what it's all about anyway!!!

Old 05-21-2012, 11:14 PM
Madsin2005
Cruiser

Because the windshield will sve your life right? Hahahahahaha if it took you 6 months to figure out your windshield wasn't on correctly you should wear a helmet 24/7

Originally Posted by Deluxe47
Yeah sorry, I have a wife and kids that depend on me, being a bad-*** is secondary to providing for my family. Thanks for the input though.

Old 05-21-2012, 11:16 PM
Madsin2005
Cruiser

Fangs don't look half bad

Old 05-22-2012, 12:44 PM
Deluxe47
Novice

Originally Posted by Madsin2005
Because the windshield will sve your life right? Hahahahahaha if it took you 6 months to figure out your windshield wasn't on correctly you should wear a helmet 24/7
HAHA, no it was on correctly for 5.99 months. I took it off for a couple days and when I put it back on it wiggled up about 3/16 of an inch after riding into work.

Maybe I should get a leather dribble bib??

The reason I wear all that crap is because the Army mandates it these days. Too many kids comming back from downrange and getting a R1 as there first ever motorcycle, then the go down a 45mph street at 190mph, hit a dog and smear themselves down the road.

Now the rest of us have to wear at a minimum:
1. DOT approved helmet
2. Shatter Proof eyeware
3. Long sleeves
4. Long pants
5. Full finger gloves
6. Over the ankle boots
7. Reflective belt or vest after dark

You also have to take the BRC before ever riding, and the ERC within 6 months of BRC, renew each every three years.

Of course your command can add to this proctective gear, which mine did, by stipulating leather jacket.

Yes they are trying to get as many people as they can to stop riding motorcycles.

Unfortunatly a couple months ago they made an example of a guy who crashed wearing a novelty helmet. He was killed in the accident, they marked him as "in the line of duty: no". So now his wife doesnt get his life insurance($400k) and is hung out on all the medical bills before he died, and his funeral exspenses. Thats about a half a million dollar "whoopsie", that his widow is now paying for.

I would love to ride in shorts and T shirt if I wanted to, but the risks to my family (via the army) if something were to happen to me is just too great.

On the plus side, I've rode more with the fangs and I really like them. They dont shield all the wind, just what was blowing up under my sunglasses, and lifting my helmet up. Still a nice brezze as I go down the road.

Quick Reply: Deluxe buffeting cured!