Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sampson tail pipes

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 11:23 AM
BLOWN HOWARD
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sampson tail pipes

Will sampson tail pipes fit with vance and hines headers

Old 05-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Samson_tech
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They will fit but you will need Samson brackets if you have a Softail.
Thanks,
JR

Old 05-17-2012, 01:42 PM
Memo7070
Tourer

Originally Posted by Samson_tech
They will fit but you will need Samson brackets if you have a Softail.
Thanks,
JR
Hey Samson techie, I have the 39" cholos and, love them by the way, seems that my bracket on the left hand side shakes(feels weak) alot more thatn the right side. Also the muffler doesn't quite sit flush with the header. Maybe the bracket is weak? not sure but I don't know if you guys warrenty the brackets. Thanks Memo

Old 05-17-2012, 02:31 PM
Samson_tech
Former Sponsor

You may want to make sure the muffler on the left side is perfectly lined up and square with the bracket so there is a solid mount. The brackets on both sides are a mirror image of each other and are equally as strong. If the bracket breaks we would warranty it but we have never had one break before that I know of.
Thanks,
JR

Old 05-17-2012, 02:40 PM
Memo7070
Tourer

Originally Posted by Samson_tech
You may want to make sure the muffler on the left side is perfectly lined up and square with the bracket so there is a solid mount. The brackets on both sides are a mirror image of each other and are equally as strong. If the bracket breaks we would warranty it but we have never had one break before that I know of.
Thanks,
JR
I have done that with the local shop and it still shakes alot, can I send you a video via text later on today so you can see what I'm talking about, if so I will need a phone number that accepts video text.

Old 05-17-2012, 04:39 PM
Samson_tech
Former Sponsor

You can send a video to our email but we do not have a phone system that allows video text. Sorry we are not that high tech.
Tech@SamsonUSA.com
Info@SamsonUSA.com
Thanks,
JR

Old 05-17-2012, 05:28 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

If it is shaking too much my guess is that the clamp holding the muffler on is not in the right place. It needs to be at the edge of the muffler. If it is in further it will shake like that.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:01 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Memo7070
Hey Samson techie, I have the 39" cholos and, love them by the way, seems that my bracket on the left hand side shakes(feels weak) alot more thatn the right side. Also the muffler doesn't quite sit flush with the header. Maybe the bracket is weak? not sure but I don't know if you guys warrenty the brackets. Thanks Memo
My left side is similar. It seems to have more give and doesn't seem as solid as the right.

I've had the mufflers off 4 times checking alignment and it's still about 1/2" lower than the right side and the last time I finally added the red RTV and it still seems to have more give to the pipe than the right side. I also placed the clamp on the end of pipe each time.

Just figured given the length of the pipe that's just the way it was and no one riding with me has ever said, hey your pipe is moving, so I just figured that's how it is.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:17 PM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Strange, mine is solid as a rock.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:29 PM
honkylips
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

***hijack alert***

Samson_tech ...... i have a set of Samson Rip Saw pipes on my '02 Fatboy. I need a new set of tips for the pipes (ground the old tips down on corners and am now scraping the actual pipes). Do you guys sell just the tips? If so, how much? Feel free to PM, or email (pojensen@me.com). THANKS!

Quick Reply: sampson tail pipes