Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This Monster will be the death of me.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 01:38 PM
ragrat64
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This Monster will be the death of me.....

Man this bike is killing me. Rebuilt the Engine, installed Umbrellas in the tappet covers to make the heads breathe, went through a week trying to get the correct breather bolts. ( Bike is a '92) Get the bolts, right bolts but will not work with my S & S air cleaner[:@]

Changed my Handlebars to Early Knuckhead style Fatbars, now my Clutch cable is about 6-8 inches too long[:@]

Trying to order a shorter cable, but J&P listsby model, not length....My stock cable is 61.5, anyone know what model I need to order to get a shorter one??????

Spent all day getting it back together , hoping I could have it done Friday to take it out and break in the motor, seeing as how Michigan has this fluke of warm weather, These little things are killing me. Want to take it toBike weekin March, do not feel like trailering a bike all the way to Daytona with no miles on it and trying to break in the motor.....Can I run this indoors for a few minutes to check timing and no leaks, or am I taking a chance with the rings not seating correctly????

AARRGGHHHHH!?!?!?!?![:@][:@][:@][:@]

Old 01-05-2007, 04:38 PM
southpaw
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: This Monster will be the death of me.....

well if the engine was rebuilt correctly i dont see why you cant let her run for a few minutes. is it just the clutch cable.? AND a new clutch to.? i know a lot of people who put in the plates in wrong, or didnt soak them 1st. but i dont recommend you starting the bike indoors if its an attached garage lol.