Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXCW Rocker with Arlen Ness fairing?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012 | 04:01 AM
Nocturnalnature
Road Master

Originally Posted by subaru guy
That would be the silver marker I used to mark the drill hole.
Well there you have it. Does it make sense now how one could mistake it for being cracked?

Old 12-16-2012 | 04:04 AM
subaru guy
Novice

Originally Posted by Nocturnalnature
I just noticed your post count and I think that explains it. My bad for not realizing you evidently haven't been around the site. You will no doubt notice in short order that there is an abundance of good natured smack talk done during the Winter.
Anyways, it does look like there is cracking around the lower mount, or perhaps the hole splintered when drilled. Doesn't affect me one way or the other, I was merely pointing out that it appeared that way which may indicate that rubber mounting would prevent someone else from suffering the same fate.
Best of luck to you and your cracked fairing !
You never said it was cracked? Read it again^
Cough.. Cough

Old 12-16-2012 | 04:25 AM
Nocturnalnature
Road Master

You never said it was cracked? Read it again^
Cough.. Cough
Please check out the little smiley face at the end of the sentence. That is meant to convey that the statement was meant in a humorous light. My first post says it looks like its cracked, which I was referencing. I guess a sense of humor isn't all that's lacking on your end I don't know why but I'm compelled to ask another question. You've went "cough cough" in two of your posts. Are you by chance getting your ***** checked while you're posting?
WARNING: READERS SHOULD BE AWARE THAT THE SMILEY FACE MEANS ITS A JOKE. IF YOU GET YOUR BLUE PANTIES IN A WAD PLEASE DISCONTINUE FORUM USE AND CONTACT YOUR MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL IMMEDIATELY.

Last edited by Nocturnalnature; 12-16-2012 at 04:36 AM.
Old 12-16-2012 | 06:15 AM
subaru guy
Novice

Please check out the little smiley face at the end of the sentence. That is meant to convey that the statement was meant in a humorous light. My first post says it looks like its cracked, which I was referencing. I guess a sense of humor isn't all that's lacking on your end I don't know why but I'm compelled to ask another question. You've went "cough cough" in two of your posts. Are you by chance getting your ***** checked while you're posting?
WARNING: READERS SHOULD BE AWARE THAT THE SMILEY FACE MEANS ITS A JOKE. IF YOU GET YOUR BLUE PANTIES IN A WAD PLEASE DISCONTINUE FORUM USE AND CONTACT YOUR MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL IMMEDIATELY.
Now your just making trash up. No where anywhere is it written that a smiley face is an implication of levity. In fact if you were trying to imply that you were joking/ kidding/ not being serious/ ETC. a "winky face" would be the widely accepted emoticon of preference. ANY mouth breather with a cell phone and a text message plan could tell you that.
Am i lacking a sense of humor? hell yes i am. I posted pictures and an explanation of a project i underwent this last summer to help others. I didnt know going into the project if i would even work because i couldnt find anyone who had done it, but i gave it a shot anyways. I genuinly wanted to help other people by showing them how they can do it. It was expensive, frustrating, and time consuming but i think it was worth it and gives my rocker a unique look. But theres always people out there that want to critisize what you've accomplished. I did two tours in afghanistan too, perhaps you'd like to make a "light hearted little joke" at that as well. But hey as long as you put a smiley face after it, it' all good.

Old 12-16-2012 | 07:00 AM
subaru guy
Novice

P.S.
I worked at in-patient behavioral health while i was stationed at Walter Reed national military medical center... I AM my mental health professional

Old 12-16-2012 | 07:01 AM
Nocturnalnature
Road Master

Now your just making trash up. No where anywhere is it written that a smiley face is an implication of levity. In fact if you were trying to imply that you were joking/ kidding/ not being serious/ ETC. a "winky face" would be the widely accepted emoticon of preference. ANY mouth breather with a cell phone and a text message plan could tell you that.
Am i lacking a sense of humor? hell yes i am. I posted pictures and an explanation of a project i underwent this last summer to help others. I didnt know going into the project if i would even work because i couldnt find anyone who had done it, but i gave it a shot anyways. I genuinly wanted to help other people by showing them how they can do it. It was expensive, frustrating, and time consuming but i think it was worth it and gives my rocker a unique look. But theres always people out there that want to critisize what you've accomplished. I did two tours in afghanistan too, perhaps you'd like to make a "light hearted little joke" at that as well. But hey as long as you put a smiley face after it, it' all good.
I think you did help others with your post, which is a great thing. It's unfortunate that you don't have a sense of humor to go along with your ability to fabricate a nice piece of work. It seems you took offense to my mentioning it looked like it had a crack, as well as my light hearted comment on your face garb. Nowhere in my first post did I belittle your achievement at mounting your fairing.
As far as my choice of emoticons, I have my doubts that the "winky" face is the only measure to show levity (hence LOL, LMAO, numerous smilies, etc..). You are taking this way to seriously my friend, which I find difficult to comprehend since you have likely seen things that most of us pray we never have to. I would think that simple, goofy Internet banter would be a relief from what you have been through, but I have not walked in your shoes so maybe not.
At any rate, thank you for your service, glad you are home safe, and hope the longer you stick around the more you'll see that the majority of us mean no harm, simply trying to liven up the hum drum days of Winter.
Ride safe, enjoy the holidays, and keep an eye out for Gargamel WINKIES!

PS: random link that suggests smiley face is acceptable form of showing the light hearted nature of a comment.
http://www.webopedia.com/quick_ref/t...iations_02.asp

Last edited by Nocturnalnature; 12-16-2012 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Added a link
Old 12-16-2012 | 07:56 AM
subaru guy
Novice

I think you did help others with your post, which is a great thing. It's unfortunate that you don't have a sense of humor to go along with your ability to fabricate a nice piece of work. It seems you took offense to my mentioning it looked like it had a crack, as well as my light hearted comment on your face garb. Nowhere in my first post did I belittle your achievement at mounting your fairing.
As far as my choice of emoticons, I have my doubts that the "winky" face is the only measure to show levity (hence LOL, LMAO, numerous smilies, etc..). You are taking this way to seriously my friend, which I find difficult to comprehend since you have likely seen things that most of us pray we never have to. I would think that simple, goofy Internet banter would be a relief from what you have been through, but I have not walked in your shoes so maybe not.
At any rate, thank you for your service, glad you are home safe, and hope the longer you stick around the more you'll see that the majority of us mean no harm, simply trying to liven up the hum drum days of Winter.
Ride safe, enjoy the holidays, and keep an eye out for Gargamel WINKIES!

PS: random link that suggests smiley face is acceptable form of showing the light hearted nature of a comment.
http://www.webopedia.com/quick_ref/t...iations_02.asp
Well unfortunately, im not home safe. safe but not home. I am currently and will be spending the holidays with my battalion in okinawa japan. I apoligize if it seems i am taking this way to serious, but as far as i know i am the first person to put this fairing on a rocker. I'm sure im probably not, but i cant find anywhere on the internet someone who has. I undertook the project by myself on a limited budget, with no help, and no formal fabrication training. The project turned out a best case scenario and looks fantastic. I take offense to anyone trying to take that away from me by pointing out possible flaws in the mounting design.
What really erk'd me was the gay joke. Why? why would you make a negative insinuation at a complete stranger without provokation? I wear a bandana over my face because i primarily ride in Iowa where there are tons of bugs. The bandana is blue because my options at wal mart when i purchased the bandana was blue, red, black, or yellow. Considering blue is the color of my bike and coincidentally my favorite color it seemed the most logical choice.
I hope this elaboration shed some light on my seamingly humorless demeanor. I only wish you safe riding and that you think before you make negative insinuations at people you dont know no matter how harmless it may seem to you.

Old 04-16-2013 | 06:58 PM
Cuebald
6th Gear
Default Ness fairing

I'm liking the look!!

Attached Thumbnails FXCW Rocker with Arlen Ness fairing?-image.jpg  
Old 01-01-2014 | 07:28 PM
astranger1
4th Gear

how is the actual function of the arlen ness?

Old 01-01-2014 | 07:39 PM
subaru guy
Novice

Originally Posted by astranger1
how is the actual function of the arlen ness?
It doesn't. I get just as much wind in my face and chest as i did without it. For me it is purely cosmetic, however i was able to fabricate a little bag that sits inside it between the fairing and the handlebars so i have a place to store some little things like a cell phone or something as large as a 20 oz soda bottle. but if your looking for something to keep the wind off, keep on looking.

Quick Reply: FXCW Rocker with Arlen Ness fairing?