Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXCW Rocker with Arlen Ness fairing?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012 | 04:48 AM
Nocturnalnature
Road Master

Originally Posted by kryptik
Nice thanks man!!
Looks like you already got cracking of the fairing around the lower mount.
On another note, did you make a conscious effort to color match your bandana or was it an unfortunate fashion faux pas? Some may say gay, I say, get a blue shirt and change your name to Smurfdaddy .

Old 12-16-2012 | 12:41 AM
subaru guy
Novice

Originally Posted by Nocturnalnature
Looks like you already got cracking of the fairing around the lower mount.
On another note, did you make a conscious effort to color match your bandana or was it an unfortunate fashion faux pas? Some may say gay, I say, get a blue shirt and change your name to Smurfdaddy .
Might have to get your eyes checked. Those pics were taken literally days after i mounted it. no cracks. Am i wearing a blue bandana on a blue bike on purpose?.... yea. When i went to the "bandana store" and saw that all bandana's are the same price regardless of color, i thought to myself Blue bike... blue bandana. makes sense right? alot of bikers have black bikes and wear black leather and/ or helmets do you try to belittle them as well? I pitty the man whom tries to give meaning to his pathetic life by making the work of others seem shabby and lacking in quality and by making homosexual insinuations because a single article of clothing on an individual matches the bike they ride. seems a little petty doesnt it? The purpose of a forum is to share, inform, and assist. If you've got nothing better to do than sit on your computer and spread your hate **** how about you do the rest of us a favor and take it over to the youtube comment threads. Kick rocks bub...

Old 12-16-2012 | 01:08 AM
Nocturnalnature
Road Master

Originally Posted by subaru guy
Might have to get your eyes checked. Those pics were taken literally days after i mounted it. no cracks. Am i wearing a blue bandana on a blue bike on purpose?.... yea. When i went to the "bandana store" and saw that all bandana's are the same price regardless of color, i thought to myself Blue bike... blue bandana. makes sense right? alot of bikers have black bikes and wear black leather and/ or helmets do you try to belittle them as well? I pitty the man whom tries to give meaning to his pathetic life by making the work of others seem shabby and lacking in quality and by making homosexual insinuations because a single article of clothing on an individual matches the bike they ride. seems a little petty doesnt it? The purpose of a forum is to share, inform, and assist. If you've got nothing better to do than sit on your computer and spread your hate **** how about you do the rest of us a favor and take it over to the youtube comment threads. Kick rocks bub...
I'm sorry I offended you Papa Smurf! Can you find it in your heart to forgive me, or at least let me still through the hump down on Smurfette For the record, as far as I know Papa Smurf wasn't gay. He was an old Smurf but his crank still worked. Now if you are privy to some smurfy dark secrets, I don't need to know about it.

Old 12-16-2012 | 01:13 AM
subaru guy
Novice

I'm sorry I offended you Papa Smurf! Can you find it in your heart to forgive me, or at least let me still through the hump down on Smurfette For the record, as far as I know Papa Smurf wasn't gay. He was an old Smurf but his crank still worked. Now if you are privy to some smurfy dark secrets, I don't need to know about it.
cool story

Old 12-16-2012 | 01:43 AM
Nocturnalnature
Road Master

cool story
I just noticed your post count and I think that explains it. My bad for not realizing you evidently haven't been around the site. You will no doubt notice in short order that there is an abundance of good natured smack talk done during the Winter.
Anyways, it does look like there is cracking around the lower mount, or perhaps the hole splintered when drilled. Doesn't affect me one way or the other, I was merely pointing out that it appeared that way which may indicate that rubber mounting would prevent someone else from suffering the same fate.
Best of luck to you and your cracked fairing !

Old 12-16-2012 | 02:41 AM
subaru guy
Novice

I just noticed your post count and I think that explains it. My bad for not realizing you evidently haven't been around the site. You will no doubt notice in short order that there is an abundance of good natured smack talk done during the Winter.
Anyways, it does look like there is cracking around the lower mount, or perhaps the hole splintered when drilled. Doesn't affect me one way or the other, I was merely pointing out that it appeared that way which may indicate that rubber mounting would prevent someone else from suffering the same fate.
Best of luck to you and your cracked fairing !
Suffering the same fate? what are you talking about.. the fairing isnt cracked.. at all... not even a little bit. If you were trying to be "helpful" by suggesting rubber mounts than why didnt you say so in the initial post? I'll keep you in mind the next time i require a solution to a problem that doesnt exsist.
Furthermore, Good natured smack talk? c'mon are you 12? Taking all things into consideration, With the amount of attention my bike draws from all groups of people and the compliments i get from everyone from old ladies at stop lights to sales men at harley shops, and your ridiculous rant about the smurfs?.... i think its safe to assume your either jelous or mild to moderately retarded.

Old 12-16-2012 | 02:50 AM
Nocturnalnature
Road Master

Suffering the same fate? what are you talking about.. the fairing isnt cracked.. at all... not even a little bit. If you were trying to be "helpful" by suggesting rubber mounts than why didnt you say so in the initial post? I'll keep you in mind the next time i require a solution to a problem that doesnt exsist.
Furthermore, Good natured smack talk? c'mon are you 12? Taking all things into consideration, With the amount of attention my bike draws from all groups of people and the compliments i get from everyone from old ladies at stop lights to sales men at harley shops, and your ridiculous rant about the smurfs?.... i think its safe to assume your either jelous or mild to moderately retarded.
I'm going with mildly retarded .
I'd still be proud to ride with you, but you have to promise to wear your entire color matched ensemble .

Old 12-16-2012 | 03:03 AM
Nocturnalnature
Road Master

Zoom in on this pic. If it doesn't look the fairing is cracked on the inside where the lower bolt attaches then I need to send the ole' IPad out for repairs. I never said it WAS cracked, I said it LOOKS like its cracking.

Old 12-16-2012 | 03:33 AM
pjchamp
Cruiser

i say do it, it looks great on subaru guy's bike

Old 12-16-2012 | 03:56 AM
subaru guy
Novice

Zoom in on this pic. If it doesn't look the fairing is cracked on the inside where the lower bolt attaches then I need to send the ole' IPad out for repairs. I never said it WAS cracked, I said it LOOKS like its cracking.
That would be the silver marker I used to mark the drill hole.

Quick Reply: FXCW Rocker with Arlen Ness fairing?