Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXCW Rocker with Arlen Ness fairing?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012 | 08:35 PM
kryptik
|
6th Gear

Originally Posted by subaru guy
it is kind of an expensive little project indeed. fairing, mounts, and paint. no bueno. here are some closer pics of how i mounted it. I love that other people are doing this, anything that i can do to help. Semper Fi

^the bottom mounts. I got everything i needed for this at home depot besides the 49mm HD fork quick disconnect clamps

^ The top mounts are memphis shades mounts which i believe are intended for a full size windshield. I got these out of drag specialties. And yes i did have to drill two large holes in the hard plastic windshield to mount these.

^ the button head srews through the fairing into the fabricated mount. ALOT of mock up was required to get the length of the steel rod just the right length.
Hope all this crap helps
Nice thanks man!!

Old 09-07-2012 | 02:46 PM
reds2harleys
Tourer
Talking

To quote Emmitt - " puttin a Fairing on a Rocker is like puttin an elevator in an outhouse, it don't belong "

Old 09-07-2012 | 04:03 PM
kryptik
|
6th Gear

Originally Posted by reds2harleys
To quote Emmitt - " puttin a Fairing on a Rocker is like puttin an elevator in an outhouse, it don't belong "
It all comes down to personal taste and making that bike your own....

The following users liked this post:
Jimaik (07-15-2017)
Old 09-07-2012 | 07:23 PM
subaru guy
Novice

Take it somewhere else hater. Your close mindedness has rendered your opinion null and void. Kick rocks

The following users liked this post:
Jimaik (07-15-2017)
Old 09-08-2012 | 03:29 PM
Quigley_EFFE
Intermediate

Shut up Internet tough guy I'll have You know that my scoot was one of the reasons your old lady and/or teenage daughter let me do scandalous things to them. Here's an idea, why don't you and "Emmitt" go lock yourselves in a hotel room an play "Hide and go F¥€k Yourselves"?

Old 09-08-2012 | 03:35 PM
Quigley_EFFE
Intermediate

Oh and "reds2harleys" aka "Randy Smith". Before you put that Internet tough guy mouth in gear, you'd be wise to understand that I'm only a hop skip and a jump from NJ and I KNOW what your ride looks like. Wouldn't want to embarrass you in front of your friends by telling them what an Internet badass you are lol

Old 09-09-2012 | 07:17 AM
Quigley_EFFE
Intermediate

You know... Randy. You ought to remember the crap you post. Like when someone dogged on you about your Rocker you said:

you ride what you want and I'll ride what I want. Your overly stronge opinion tells me you probably wish you had one, otherwise you wouldn't be so passionate.
So, I guess by your logic you and your little man crush emmitt just REALLY want Ness fairings?

Old 10-11-2012 | 06:28 PM
Maddogv21
Intermediate

I was unsure as to how the ness fairing would look, and now that I've seen it on a couple Rocks, I am definitely getting one for my Rock. What an awesome look!!

Old 10-11-2012 | 08:10 PM
quasar
Novice

oops...

Last edited by quasar; 10-11-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 12-15-2012 | 04:28 AM
subaru guy
Novice

Originally Posted by Maddogv21
I was unsure as to how the ness fairing would look, and now that I've seen it on a couple Rocks, I am definitely getting one for my Rock. What an awesome look!!
do it! im in san mateo. we can go riding together when i get back from the 31st MEU.

Quick Reply: FXCW Rocker with Arlen Ness fairing?