Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swingarm mounted fender

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 07:49 AM
DocRed
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swingarm mounted fender

I have been looking at the Lucky F*cker fender kit and was wondering if anyone has seen a swingarm mounted fender with a passenger pillion pad. I would imagine the ride would be terrible for the passenger but would be for short distances regardless. The only problem I foresee would be weight distribution.I would have to fabricate struts to handle the added weight of a passenger and ensure that weight is distributed correctly. Any thought on the idea would be great.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:55 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I can only imagine how bad that ride would be. Whatever seat you put on there, make it spring mounted!

Old 05-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I wouldn't put a passenger on a swingarm mounted fender. they could be tossed off too easy

Old 05-09-2012, 09:22 AM
shitbox
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Blk and Chrome
I wouldn't put a passenger on a swingarm mounted fender. they could be tossed off too easy
Maybe that is the point !

Old 05-09-2012, 09:35 AM
J
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've done a few swing arm mounted fenders on softails including a Lucky F***ker on a bike I just sold and I definitely wouldn't recommend it. Anything is possible but if you must do it use a heavy gauge fender like a WCC and attach it using weld on bungs to the swing arm. Than use a set of thick struts, maybe something made out of billet. It obviously can be done as it's the same thing as putting a passenger on a rigid, but it will be a bouncier ride for the passenger.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Leech1107
Tourer

Shadetree Fabrications has a swing arm mounted fender set-up that you can use with a passenger seat.

http://www.shadetreefabrications.com

Old 05-09-2012, 09:58 AM
Scheers44
Stellar HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

J is that what kit you used on that Nightrain of yours?

Trending Topics

Old 05-09-2012, 10:26 AM
DocRed
Advanced

Originally Posted by Leech1107
Shadetree Fabrications has a swing arm mounted fender set-up that you can use with a passenger seat.

http://www.shadetreefabrications.com
Thanks, too bad it is for a 200.

As far as it being a bad idea, I agree. This is all just a pipe dream at this point. More than likely I will just be buying a fender blank and chopping it so I can use my stock struts. but get a lower profile look.

I've done a few swing arm mounted fenders on softails including a Lucky F***ker on a bike I just sold and I definitely wouldn't recommend it. Anything is possible but if you must do it use a heavy gauge fender like a WCC and attach it using weld on bungs to the swing arm. Than use a set of thick struts, maybe something made out of billet. It obviously can be done as it's the same thing as putting a passenger on a rigid, but it will be a bouncier ride for the passenger.
Thanks.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:38 AM
UT-rckr
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are all softail frames the same? On the Rocker you can use the touring system from HD which floats over the rear fender. In looking at other Softails it looks like the are that the touring struts attach to on the Rocker are the same spots that fender struts attach to on other Softails, but I am not sure. If so, by running a swingarm mounted fender you might be able to use the Rocker touring system for a passenger?

Old 05-09-2012, 11:56 AM
DocRed
Advanced

Originally Posted by UT-rckr
Are all softail frames the same? On the Rocker you can use the touring system from HD which floats over the rear fender. In looking at other Softails it looks like the are that the touring struts attach to on the Rocker are the same spots that fender struts attach to on other Softails, but I am not sure. If so, by running a swingarm mounted fender you might be able to use the Rocker touring system for a passenger?
I imagine it would be possible too bad it is as ugly as sin

Originally Posted by shitbox
Maybe that is the point !
Perhaps!

Last edited by DocRed; 05-09-2012 at 12:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Swingarm mounted fender