Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto 107” on the way…

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 12:26 AM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

He's a bit slow mailing people back, I contacted him earlier in the week for a price to supply some stuff, still waiting.......

Old 05-10-2012, 07:12 AM
Phadreus
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thelawnmowerman
He's a bit slow mailing people back, I contacted him earlier in the week for a price to supply some stuff, still waiting.......
Hmm...I exchanged 3-4 emails, I always heard back from him within 48 hours which I thought was pretty reasonable for a small, busy shop.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:18 PM
Phadreus
Advanced

Whelp, just got back with the bike last night from Fuel Moto, it’s all done and one the road now. REALLY pleased with the results, the bike runs out strong. The three things I'm most impressed with, is: 1) When just cruising around, the bike seems almost like a stock bike. I say almost, because I can tell the bike is louder, and with the heavier clutch spring, the lever pull is way higher...so, obviously not stock anymore. 2) The bike pulls right off idle, there are no weak spots, it just pulls and pulls and pulls, with seemingly the same level of thrust the whole time...amazing. 3) I can't get over how strong the bike runs now. When you open her up, she squats in the rear end, unloads the front end and just goes like mad. I actually have to hook my right foot under the break to stay planted in the seat, it’s just unbelievable.

It didn’t post up numbers on the dyno that were too impressive due to the weather. Was 111.92 degrees with 28% humidity in Jamie’s shop while the bike was on the dyno. Terrible for good dyno numbers. Jamie claimed the numbers were 10% shy of what they should have been if it were cooler with lower humidity…I dunno about all that, but in the real world on the road, she scoots, so I don’t so much care about a dyno reading personally.

I would like to say, that both Jamie and his tech that performed my build, Jim; both were great. They were friendly, patient, answered all my questions and did great work on the bike. I would not hesitate to return for more work to Jamie.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:31 PM
av8or
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

That's a very nice improvement.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:00 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Phadreus
Whelp, just got back with the bike last night from Fuel Moto, it’s all done and one the road now. REALLY pleased with the results, the bike runs out strong. The three things I'm most impressed with, is: 1) When just cruising around, the bike seems almost like a stock bike. I say almost, because I can tell the bike is louder, and with the heavier clutch spring, the lever pull is way higher...so, obviously not stock anymore. 2) The bike pulls right off idle, there are no weak spots, it just pulls and pulls and pulls, with seemingly the same level of thrust the whole time...amazing. 3) I can't get over how strong the bike runs now. When you open her up, she squats in the rear end, unloads the front end and just goes like mad. I actually have to hook my right foot under the break to stay planted in the seat, it’s just unbelievable.

It didn’t post up numbers on the dyno that were too impressive due to the weather. Was 111.92 degrees with 28% humidity in Jamie’s shop while the bike was on the dyno. Terrible for good dyno numbers. Jamie claimed the numbers were 10% shy of what they should have been if it were cooler with lower humidity…I dunno about all that, but in the real world on the road, she scoots, so I don’t so much care about a dyno reading personally.

I would like to say, that both Jamie and his tech that performed my build, Jim; both were great. They were friendly, patient, answered all my questions and did great work on the bike. I would not hesitate to return for more work to Jamie.

What CAMS did you go with?

Old 07-21-2012, 07:34 PM
Phadreus
Advanced

Originally Posted by ghoticov
What CAMS did you go with?
Woods Performance TW-555...

Old 07-22-2012, 07:25 AM
roadkingharry
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 22 Posts

Congrats bud. Just curious, what did they do to your heads and as far as the clutch, did they just replace the stock spring with a heavier one? It must have been awesome the first time you really got on the throttle. Oh yeah, and which break-in method did you use? Hope you got a sissy bar for the wife

Old 07-22-2012, 09:12 AM
Phadreus
Advanced

Originally Posted by roadkingharry
Congrats bud. Just curious, what did they do to your heads and as far as the clutch, did they just replace the stock spring with a heavier one? It must have been awesome the first time you really got on the throttle. Oh yeah, and which break-in method did you use? Hope you got a sissy bar for the wife
Thanks Harry, I'm pretty jazzed with the bike now!

Ok, Heads. They chambered, cc'd, ported, polished & 3 angle valve job. I was told that they have a shop close to them that cnc's the heads for them so they are consistent. The original heads that the cnc shop built their program from was developed by Jamie on his head dyno. Both heads are supposed to flow identically when finished.

Break in. They heat cycled the bike several times before ever throwing it up on the dyno, and then did another breakin procedure on the dyno.

They installed a Barnett Clutch Spring which in my estimation adds a good ~40% more lever pull force. I'll be addressing that very soon with a Lockup Clutch. I road over a hundred miles yesterday and my hand was very tired at the end of the day...but the clutch holds great under power!

I was very impressed the first time I opened her up...pulls like a freight-train for sure!

Hehehehe...the wife does have a sissy bar, and thank god she does.