Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Need Help with weird issues 06 Standard

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 11:56 AM
Big09StreetGlide
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Need Help with weird issues 06 Standard

First Speedometer not working and the bike was running fine, so I changed the speed sensor. After changing the sensor I took her out for a ride and found the Needle was going backwards from 120 to 0. Thats the othr issue. When I put the switch to ACC the needle sweeps past 120 and sticks. So I unplugged the speedometer and let it reset to 0. After it resets I put the switch to ign. and the needle moves just a hair but stays at 0. However same thing when I put the switch back to acc. Full sweep. I then unplug the speedometer again and put some electric grease on the terminal, very very small amount after plugging the speedometer back up I move the switch to ign, and the damn blinkers start to blink like hazards, then they stop but both front blinkers remain on but not blinking. Please anyone with any suggestions please give them!!! I'm not sure why the blinkers stay lite now I didnt do anything with them. I have NO security on the bike so I know its not an issue. ANY help would be appreciate!

Old 05-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

did you check and tighten the grounds? sounds like a ground problem. or loose connection somewhere.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Big09StreetGlide
Intermediate

I checked the grounds and their good. What I dont understand is why the blinkers are on now? Not blinking just the bulbs are staying lite.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Big09StreetGlide
Intermediate

Ok so after checking youtube I found that the bulbs stay on in the front. Didnt realize that, or even notice when I bought it. However the lights did flash as if I didnt have a Key Fob near. Still having the Speedometer issue though.

Old 05-05-2012, 05:05 PM
Big09StreetGlide
Intermediate

Now I've got these codes U1255 and U1097. With I guess a Part Number
PN-68921-01d

Old 05-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

off the top of my head I don't know what they are but there is a sticky at the top of the page that outline what the codes mean

Old 05-05-2012, 08:33 PM
FroggyFatBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

heres the link to the codes.. they're speedo serial data codes.. maybe came from disconnecting and connecting with the ign on. hook everything up, clear the codes and ride it for a couple and miles and recheck for codes and see what comes up.

if the speedos still acting goofy, you might want to check the voltage with it running and make sure the bike isn't overcharging. todays electronics don't like extra voltage.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/elect...tic-codes.html

Old 05-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Big09StreetGlide
Intermediate

Thats my plan tomorrow to get out clear the codes and ride it a bit. How would I fix an overcharge issue? When I bought it the guy told me he was riding and the speedometer needle did a full sweep twice and stop working.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:17 AM
fcsallan
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does this bike still have the factory FI control module? (Computer) Or, does it have an aftermarket like a t-max?

I ask because there was an issue a few years back with the T-max casing those types of issues.

You say there is no security but then mention a key fob. There IS security if you have a key fob. Which is it?

Old 05-06-2012, 09:41 AM
Big09StreetGlide
Intermediate

Stock FI with PCIII. No security key fob. when the blinkers flashed and the arrows on the console flashed all at the same time it reminded me of what the HD security would do on my Street Glide when I didnt have the key fob on me. If I go ahead and buy a new speedometer will the miles tranferover? or could I buy a used one and get by?

Quick Reply: I Need Help with weird issues 06 Standard