Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H BSS on 2007 Fatboy

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007 | 02:20 AM
FLSTF Pete
|
6th Gear
Default V&H BSS on 2007 Fatboy

I'm about to fit a set of V&H Big Shot Staggered to my 07 Fatboy. These pipes have the 02 bungs fitted by V&H. The dealer says if I fit them the sensor light will light up and the bike will not run correctly becausestill have the original ECM map and standard air intake. They say there is no "Stage 1" map available yet.

I have the SE high flow intake at home. I am about to order a Power Commander but I just want the pipes fitted for now..

Can anybody tell me if they have fitted V&H BSS (or any other other aftermarket pipes with O2 bungs) without any problemswithstockECM map and air intake.

Thanks,...Peter.

Old 01-03-2007 | 08:14 AM
XTrooper3936
Road Warrior
Default RE: V&H BSS on 2007 Fatboy

The Power Commmander for your '07 Fat Boy will come with O2 sensor eliminators. You'll screw the O2 sensors into the bungs of your new V&H pipes, but they won't be plugged in. Alternately, you can just screw plugs into the bungs if you have them and eliminate the sensors altogether. In either case, the O2 sensors aren't used with the Power Commander.

Once you have your new exhaust system, SE intake, and Power Commander installed, you can download and flash your ECM with MAP m813-004 which is the correct one for your setup. Here's the link to the '07 Softail maps for use with the Power Commander: http://www.powercommander.com/813-511.aspx

Good luck!

Old 01-05-2007 | 09:08 PM
FLSTF Pete
|
6th Gear

So does anybody have any aftermarket exhaust system on a 07 model with the stock ECM and stock air intake ???

Old 01-05-2007 | 09:29 PM
travelingman
Advanced

I bought my fatboy from dealer off the show room in Nov 06 already done as follows:

Vance and Hines Bigs Shot Staggered PN V17921
Bike ECM had been flash for stage one (Increasing rev limiter)
Had Stage 1 Air cleaner kit on it.

I took original stage 1 air cleaner off and replace with heavy breather air cleaner. See post for 2007 Softtail Dyno Chart in earlier post this week. Bike is putting out plenty of power as configured. I am putting a Power Comander III USB on this weekend. Not for any reason other then to see what the next Dyno run says. I'll run the bike on Dynojet next week again to post performance increases.

So to your original question. Their is a flash for stage one, dealer did it to help pipes and AC.This dealer (Alamo Harley sponsers a drag racing team).V & H is a good choice for pipes, so is Rinehart, D&D and many others.

Old 01-05-2007 | 09:59 PM
XTrooper3936
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: FLSTF Pete

So does anybody have any aftermarket exhaust system on a 07 model with the stock ECM and stock air intake ???
Spending good money on an aftermarket exhaust system without upgrading the intake side of your motor won't allow you take full advantage of it. Since, as you say, you already have a SE Stage I intake, there's no sensible reason not to use it. If I were you, I'd do it right and wait till I had the Power Commander.

Old 01-06-2007 | 01:17 AM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member

Those of you that have added the BSS and PCIIIand A/F, have you done the recent "torque calibration" or whatever you want to call the latest letter from HD?

Old 01-08-2007 | 12:46 AM
FLSTF Pete
|
6th Gear

Thanks for the replies so far guys. I had the V&H BSS pipes fitted and it runs OK but I believe its down on power compared to the stock setup. I will order the PC III tomorrow and get it set up properly on the dyno with the SE intake.

At the moment the engine fault / warning light is on all the time. The dealer says this is due the the servo that has the butterflyvalvein the rear cylinder pipebeing disconnected. Can the guys with the PC IIIalreadyfitted tell me if the light go's out once the PC III isinstalled.

Old 01-08-2007 | 07:02 AM
XTrooper3936
Road Warrior

I have about 1000 miles on my bike since I added PCIII, SE air intake, and Samson exhaust and I've never thrown an engine code of any kind.

Old 01-08-2007 | 09:29 AM
FLSTF Pete
|
6th Gear

Hi XTrooper,

What did they do with the servo that was connected to the butterfly valve in the rear cylinder pipe on the original system. If you have a look at the old system you will find it in the rear cylinder pipe just before the muffler. The dealer here says the warning light is on because this servo is disconnected now I have the V & H pipes on.

The bike is in the shop now (not HD) getting the SE air intake and PC III fitted. The tech wants to get the light to go out before he runs it up.

Old 01-08-2007 | 11:12 AM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: FLSTF Pete

Hi XTrooper,

What did they do with the servo that was connected to the butterfly valve in the rear cylinder pipe on the original system. If you have a look at the old system you will find it in the rear cylinder pipe just before the muffler. The dealer here says the warning light is on because this servo is disconnected now I have the V & H pipes on.

The bike is in the shop now (not HD) getting the SE air intake and PC III fitted. The tech wants to get the light to go out before he runs it up.
I don't believe US bikes have that servo.

Jim

Quick Reply: V&H BSS on 2007 Fatboy