Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Narrow beach bars

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012 | 08:31 AM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior

Oh what the heck...you were asking about HD narrow beach bars which I don't have, but I'll second what 2010Deluxeguy stated on the Burly's. For me, I can't reach because of some injuries and arm nerve damage. I wanted something that would bring my hands back and allow my arms to hang in what I think is a more natural position.

Plus when I was a kid (late 60s time frame) there was a guy who had what looked liked today's heritage that had these huge pullback, almost wrap around type bars. I thought he was the coolest dude on the planet and loved this style of bar ever since.

So I went with the Burly's and I can't complain about a thing. Granted, they aren't for everyone, but if you want something that brings your hands back and down they're great. The big wide Burly's are functional and aren't just a fashion statement as some would lead you to believe. It may take a couple rides to get comfortable with them and now that I've had them a while I have no issues navigating parking lots, parking, low speed turns etc. I think at first it feels strange for lack of better word (lol) because we grow up riding everything from bicycles to bikes with our hands up and forward.

Have you stopped by a dealer to see if they have the fitment display bike or whatever they're calling it? That would give you a chance to at least see how the narrows feel. I did ride a bud's Softail Classic with the HD bars and they felt and looked great.

Last edited by NC D'LUXE; 05-04-2012 at 08:42 AM.
Old 05-04-2012 | 10:48 AM
lbottini
Cruiser

I was mistaken. Looking back I realize I installed Carlini Street bars on my Fat Boy. They are still 35" wide with 2" rise. I love these bars. http://www.carlinidesign.com/handleb...reetbar125.php

Old 05-05-2012 | 09:20 PM
Benway
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by lbottini
I was mistaken. Looking back I realize I installed Carlini Street bars on my Fat Boy. They are still 35" wide with 2" rise. I love these bars. http://www.carlinidesign.com/handleb...reetbar125.php
Wow. $230 for a set of handle bars.

Old 05-06-2012 | 10:52 AM
lolohog
Stage I

Originally Posted by NC D'LUXE
Oh what the heck...you were asking about HD narrow beach bars which I don't have, but I'll second what 2010Deluxeguy stated on the Burly's. For me, I can't reach because of some injuries and arm nerve damage. I wanted something that would bring my hands back and allow my arms to hang in what I think is a more natural position.

Plus when I was a kid (late 60s time frame) there was a guy who had what looked liked today's heritage that had these huge pullback, almost wrap around type bars. I thought he was the coolest dude on the planet and loved this style of bar ever since.

So I went with the Burly's and I can't complain about a thing. Granted, they aren't for everyone, but if you want something that brings your hands back and down they're great. The big wide Burly's are functional and aren't just a fashion statement as some would lead you to believe. It may take a couple rides to get comfortable with them and now that I've had them a while I have no issues navigating parking lots, parking, low speed turns etc. I think at first it feels strange for lack of better word (lol) because we grow up riding everything from bicycles to bikes with our hands up and forward.

Have you stopped by a dealer to see if they have the fitment display bike or whatever they're calling it? That would give you a chance to at least see how the narrows feel. I did ride a bud's Softail Classic with the HD bars and they felt and looked great.
Which model burlys is on your deluxe. 40's retro or the longhorns? thanks in advance

Old 05-06-2012 | 01:21 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by lolohog
Which model burlys is on your deluxe. 40's retro or the longhorns? thanks in advance
I went with the dimpled and slotted 1.25" Burly Beach Bars.

Last edited by NC D'LUXE; 05-06-2012 at 01:24 PM.