Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blackline Pics/Info

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 11:04 AM
2011Deluxe
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by suiii15
That seat is bigger than the bike.
Pretty much...

Old 05-03-2012, 11:39 AM
Bengalman
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good liking bike.

Iceman, if I could find a good used for a good price, that'd be sweet. But since all the used bikes I've seen around here are only a few thousand less than a new one, and have a ton of millage. I figure I might as well get a new. I'd rather get new anyway, I guess, that way it's just mine haha

Old 05-03-2012, 03:12 PM
Kuntryboy243
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I fell in love with the bike as soon as I saw it on the show room floor. It already had the mini apes, grips, and black steel braided lines on it. When I sat on it, I knew it was gonna be mine.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:18 AM
JDeCo21
Novice

kuntryboy, what bars are those? todds cycle?

Old 05-04-2012, 12:09 PM
imboden
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

I think the blackline looks slick. Just have to lower it and pull off those reflectors.

Old 05-05-2012, 07:39 AM
blackline
Intermediate

Kuntryboy243 - Nice Mini Apes, do you know who makes them? Thinking about changing my stock bars out. Are they comfortable? They look great.

Old 05-06-2012, 04:34 AM
dumpsterdom89
Novice

I'm p*&@@# that I am required by law to have both mirrors in PA. With handlebars so close to that tank, I can't but them under the bars

Old 05-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Ghostwhite
6th Gear

Here is my dirty bike,

It has a shotgun shock and is aired out. I am going with todd cycles top clamp and some burly apes eventually. I can't decide between the narrow apes or regular width from burly.

Old 05-06-2012, 02:44 PM

I just bought a Blackline and LOVE IT! Personally, I think the Blackline is one of the slickest HD's out there and the internal rear suspension / hardtail frame look with the larger softail motor fits great and has the old school bobber look. I've already done a few cheap mods like pulling all the reflectors, flipping the mirrors, replacing the footpegs, shifters and hand grips and have a Le Pera solo seat ready to install this week. Another win with the Blackine is that it is a little less costly than the other softail and fatboy models so you have extra $$ for mods to make it your own.

I think the Blackline was also more appealing as it handled better than the larger bikes (my opinion) and was slightly less weight - just felt more agile and nimble to me. Most of the negative feedback you may read on the Blackline is in respect to the rear tire size. In my opinion, the rear tire size is spot on, rides better than a fat tire and provides less cluttered old school look. Some guys will say the the rear tire is "to small" or "to narrow" but that is a myth! Rear tire size is a personal preference.

However, as the guys have pointed out.... to each is own. Ride a few bikes and let the right one pick you. If you plan to modify / personalize your bike then understand what you want the end result to look like. This will also have a lot to do with the base model your start with.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:16 PM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 149 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuntryboy243
I fell in love with the bike as soon as I saw it on the show room floor. It already had the mini apes, grips, and black steel braided lines on it. When I sat on it, I knew it was gonna be mine.
Beautiful. Just need to get rid of those reflectors. I think the all black one's look the best.

Quick Reply: Blackline Pics/Info