Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why wouldn't these fit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 11:51 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Why wouldn't these fit?

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/415...Driving-Lights

I should probably post this in the Touring section too, and I've emailed Kuryakyn about it but it'll be a few days before I hear back from them..but I'm wondering why these wouldn't fit on a FLSTF/B? Aside from the fairings the front ends are almost the same (when comparing to my neighbors Electra Glide Classic)... it just makes me wonder because some of the aux-lighting stuff from the Harley catalog says it'll fit FL-Softail models and also the Touring models..and I've taken his stock aux-light bar from that electra glide and mounted it on my bike and it fit fine (other than the fact that it was ugly as sin).. soo.. yeah.. and like i said, I emailed Kuryakyn but it'll be a few days to hear back.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:57 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 817 Likes on 803 Posts

Usually the people who sell stuff know if it will fit or not..

U could always buy them anyway and make them work if U have the ability to do it.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:23 PM
Motown Strag
Road Warrior

Sometimes something small and stupid like an electrical connector will keep something from working on multiple models. HD is the same way. I run a braided dyna fuel feed line on my deluxe. It "wont fit" on softails because it is half inch longer. Buy and try...if it dont work send it back.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:27 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

I actually got a vague email back from them (Must be a slow day) saying they wont fit because theyre not listed for FL Softail models, but the Constellation light bar will.. Like... No kidding.. Thats why im asking.. They didnt really know but said the fitment of the bracket may be slightly different.. Which is odd because the brackets are interchangeable.. So basically the impression i got from the email is that they have no clue..

Old 04-30-2012, 02:33 PM
Miked053
Supporter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I asked the same question when I did the deluxe aux light kit on the fatboy. what I found out was that the bolts that go into the side of the forks are diffrent on the touring models are diffrent from the softails. I dont know it the triple trees are closer together on the tourning models but the bolt holes for this type of setup are way too close together for the softails to mount directly to.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:35 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

Too close together vertically? Like both left side bolts are too close? Or too close together like width wise on either side of the headlight? Because theres no bar between these two lights, so if the bolt holes line up vertically it should be fine.. Like the 2002 electra glide lights i lined up seemed to be fine..

Old 04-30-2012, 02:41 PM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The top and bottom holes on the sides have a different distance between them between Touring and Softail models. I have never actually measured this but have been told by several people.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:42 PM
Miked053
Supporter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They might work i just found when looking at the vertical holes on the brackets from HD they were a lot closer on the newer model touring class than on the softails, so I had the deluxe kit powdercoated. Sorry I cant be of any more help

Old 05-01-2012, 10:43 AM
SoonerSoftail
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ghostrider69
The top and bottom holes on the sides have a different distance between them between Touring and Softail models. I have never actually measured this but have been told by several people.
This is true. I got a really sweet deal on a pair of "fang" wind deflectors that fit a Road King, etc. To put them on my Heritage I had to drill an extra set of holes. The mounting bolt distance is different.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

yeah, the one i mounted to mine was modified and had different brackets which is why it fit.. otherwise there's a full inch difference between the bolt holes on the touring models and the softails