Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All You 'Fat Spokes' Are Messing With My Head.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 11:19 AM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Jose, this is what that Lo needs. Or in a flat black.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-MAMMOT...sories&vxp=mtr

Old 04-29-2012, 11:22 AM
Zakk13
Stellar HDF Member
Received 654 Likes on 342 Posts

Its tough call when it comes to the Lo!! I know what you mean im the same way i see wheels that would look sick on my Lo but then i really like the Solid black wheels that come with it too! I would say if you do go with fat spokes you gotta go with black!!! I really like some of the Colorado custom black wheels alot! I just cant see myself spending $3,000 on wheels! That will never happen! I went with the Big blue pearl Lo so i think the best MODs for my bike is too just black out more parts like the primary cover, lower forks, Rush slip ons, and Maybe the Engine!! All black with that dark blue should look pretty good when its all done.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:36 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ghostrider69
Jose, this is what that Lo needs. Or in a flat black.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-MAMMOT...sories&vxp=mtr
And Kozy (btw where's the slam'd pics?)...Need the alum to tie into rest of bike bud...ya flat black would look **** on her.

Warg...I saw those options before. It would look great for sure. But alum rims would be better for my bike and mimicking the Lo rims. If I can't find such then that will be tops on my list if I do choose. Might look good with raised whites also on the Lo.

Last edited by Josewales; 04-29-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:38 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Zakk13
Its tough call when it comes to the Lo!! I know what you mean im the same way i see wheels that would look sick on my Lo but then i really like the Solid black wheels that come with it too! I would say if you do go with fat spokes you gotta go with black!!! I really like some of the Colorado custom black wheels alot! I just cant see myself spending $3,000 on wheels! That will never happen! I went with the Big blue pearl Lo so i think the best MODs for my bike is too just black out more parts like the primary cover, lower forks, Rush slip ons, and Maybe the Engine!! All black with that dark blue should look pretty good when its all done.
Aww man do the engine first. I am glad I got it out of the way first. Mods never end...why I did the egnine first. Bike rips now.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:58 AM
socal yankee
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Ghost and Warg. Go with somethin like Story or HonkyLips has. Those kicks would look crazy on your sled for sure!!

2010 DG... Do it kid. Those wheels fit would totally fit yours'!
Would love to see those on!

Old 04-29-2012, 12:16 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior

If these were in alum...gob gob!

But as Warg pointed out alum spokes on flat black...would somewhat look like these.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:25 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by socal yankee
I agree with Ghost and Warg. Go with somethin like Story or HonkyLips has. Those kicks would look crazy on your sled for sure!!

2010 DG... Do it kid. Those wheels fit would totally fit yours'!
Would love to see those on!
Ya man...I am pretty sure this summer I will nail down a pair of 16" or 18"...I still want the beef. I do like how the 18" lines with the rear fender. But have to photoshop both size onto a pic of my Lo before I decide. I seen the Klockwerks front fender with 21's...I just don't dig it for that fender....plus will no longer feel like a Lo imo.

Btw this is the first time I blame you all for being a bad influence:P Mods up to this point was all me....I would be very happy with the stock rims but the fat spokes are just 2 sweet. Well I would have 2 sets of wheels at the end

Old 04-29-2012, 12:34 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Josewales
. I seen the Klockwerks front fender with 21's...I just don't dig it for that fender....plus will no longer feel like a Lo imo.
No way, bro. I wouldn't want to see a klockwerks on your Lo either!!!
I just meant the wheels!!
Don't you dare take away from that beef !!

Old 04-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Hmm....these Sinister Billet Daddys caught my eye...but in flat black.

Last edited by Josewales; 04-29-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:00 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Although I think they look sweet on some bikes I am still stuck on the stock wheels and tires on a bigger swing arm bikes. I don't know why, maybe its the nastalgia look I like so much. I also know being a clean freak that those fat spoked wheels would drive me nuts. As for the s-100 stuff? I used it once and could not get that crap off of my bike and I was at a power car wash too! I had to spray my bike so hard and with so much water I just about never got my scooter started again. My chrome was so spotted up when I was done it looked worse then before I started. I have heard so many guys swear by that stuff, I swore to never use it again after that! Is there a trick to it or something? My bike looked horrid after I used that stuff!!

Quick Reply: All You 'Fat Spokes' Are Messing With My Head.