Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought Samson 33" Longtails for my Deluxe.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 10:30 AM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by justguth
I couldn't find these on Samson's site. Where can I find them?
As Malingerer said, call Samson direct. Tell them you would like the exhaust support brackets in chrome.

After mocking mine up I was considering sending them out to have chromed and took a shot in the dark and called Samson and learned they'll swamp them for minimal cost and it obviously beats all the down time waiting to get something chromed.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:35 AM
Samson_info
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Malingerer,
You are absolutely right. The Samson rear pipe retains the full diameter of the pipe to allow for best flow. Some other brands opt to flatten the rear pipe that goes to the left side. With the full diameter pipe it is required to supply a new coil bracket, an expense for Samson, to relocate the coil. The left side pipe does hug the side of the bike much closer for less heat for the rider. These designs were carefully thought out with the rider in mind. Not for the cheapest way to manufacture. The thin gaskets are a good idea on the later bikes with the thick flanges. Thanks for the input.
Thanks again.
JR

Old 04-24-2012, 02:00 PM
justguth
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Got it done. Now coming in chrome. ***** gonna be sick!!!!!!!!

Now I just have to wait for them to get caught up on orders. I've been waiting to do this exhaust for over a year and finally pulled the trigger. I was heart broken when I found out they were on back order. I did get the set with the optional baffles which is a good thing. I'm sure I will be baffleless all the time though.

Originally Posted by NC D'LUXE
As Malingerer said, call Samson direct. Tell them you would like the exhaust support brackets in chrome.

After mocking mine up I was considering sending them out to have chromed and took a shot in the dark and called Samson and learned they'll swamp them for minimal cost and it obviously beats all the down time waiting to get something chromed.