Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield pics ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 07:51 PM
softailJoe
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Windshield pics ???

I'm not going over the do ya use a windshield or not debate ,but for those that do can we see some pics and let us know how well the product you use work,I'm thinking of getting one but don't like the look of them ?
I have one but it vibrates in the wind and sends the buffeting right threw my head, anyoing as hell !!
Joe

Old 04-21-2012, 08:20 PM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Probably have better luck over in the Geezer Glide section.
Sorry, couldn't help it.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:30 PM
2010Deluxeguy
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

ive got the king size 23", works great no buffeting...ive had small shield with the recurve and they didnt work. I dont have a picture of it on my bike but it doesnt do it any favors as you know. At first i didnt think i wanted to look through the shield, but it took me 5 minutes to get over that, I dont even realize it now. Until its full of bugs of course.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:47 PM
softailJoe
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ghostrider69
Probably have better luck over in the Geezer Glide section.
Sorry, couldn't help it.
Ya ya I hear ya just want one for the buggy season here I don't like them either and don't want to wast my money on another crappy one

Old 04-21-2012, 11:51 PM
hamdizle
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just got one for the fatty and it works preaty good....not for everyday use but for what it is, it works well....hd king size 18"...I do alot of night riding and don't like getting hit in the face with crap....

Old 04-21-2012, 11:55 PM
Motown Strag
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buy an HD shield for the off times you need one. I use one for long trips or long hwy use.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:10 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I have the HD 21" king size on my LO I use it for the longer road trips. But with mild winter this year bugs are going to be crazy bad. I will more then likely be using it more this year. I do get some buffeting from below the shield but it's not bad enough to bounce my head around.

Old 04-22-2012, 12:30 AM
JoeFLHX
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Since I put a windshield on my 82 FXRS in 83 I have used a windshield on the 4 subsequent bikes 90% of the time.....

Old 04-22-2012, 06:10 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

It's off now more than it's on, but I've got a 30+ min ride to work with about 40deg temps and you can't do that without a shield. Also, extended highway rides would be too punishing without it. No buffeting - factory 18" removable.

Much handsomer without, heh.

Old 04-22-2012, 07:38 AM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We've got HD quick detach shields on all five bikes. Only bought one new - the 07 Fatboy and 08 Sporty had them when we bought the bikes and we found used on CL for both Dyna's. Saved tons of $$.

We have, however, cut down every one. My g/f is only 5'1" - when it rains she can't even stretch up to see over the stock height. I prefer not to look through a shield so I cut mine about 2" below my sight line.

Only bike that ever caused any buffeting is the 07 Street Bob. Fortunately HD designed that shield correctly - the clamps are located so that you can slide the shield up and down about 2" on the fork tubes. Once I found the right height to eliminate buffeting I leave it there.

Quick Reply: Windshield pics ???