Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield pics ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 10:26 AM
Das_Fatboy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought mine for long trips, possible rain and spring/fall riding. Once the weather stays nice it will come off. I don't like the look or the buffeting...and besides, the cool factor is worth a few bug and stone welts to the head

Old 04-22-2012, 11:57 AM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've always thought it wasn't considered a good ride unless you came home with at least a couple of Junebug welts on you and some guts stuck in your teeth. LOL

Old 04-22-2012, 12:16 PM
sucherman
Club Member
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Got mine for the trip to SD in '06, use it now if the wife is along, (she prefers it), or it's particularly buggy out, like late fall when those mature monsters are flying.

Old 04-22-2012, 04:03 PM
softailJoe
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Das_Fatboy
I bought mine for long trips, possible rain and spring/fall riding. Once the weather stays nice it will come off. I don't like the look or the buffeting...and besides, the cool factor is worth a few bug and stone welts to the head

Well, thats the thing, the buffeting I'm getting is due to a poor design I think, because if I'm cruising around and the buffeting is bad I can point my finger out and just stabilize the shield and then its good !!??
Thats why I'm looking for a better shield from the feed back of the forum and hopefully it can look half decent.

Old 04-22-2012, 07:09 PM
NightTrainBM
Advanced

I just Installed a " Stinger " from National Cycle. LOVE IT. No buffering. Ads just the right amount of protection. Doesn't sacrifice any style. I had to modify the hardware kit to fit my train. Quite easy once you see how I did it. Check out the pic below.

The following users liked this post:
Donnie Kelley (04-22-2016)
Old 04-22-2012, 07:21 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by softailJoe
Well, thats the thing, the buffeting I'm getting is due to a poor design I think, because if I'm cruising around and the buffeting is bad I can point my finger out and just stabilize the shield and then its good !!??
Thats why I'm looking for a better shield from the feed back of the forum and hopefully it can look half decent.
Guess I misunderstood. I think of buffeting as the phenomenon where adding a shield changes the airflow and causes one's head to bounce around, due to the windflow. Worse with some helmets than others, sometimes cured by changing the height of the shield, sometimes by adding lower wind deflectors.

Seems you're talking about the shield itself bouncing around. If that's the case, I'd guess you have a cheap, thin shield. Either HD or Memphis Shades should correct that since both use pretty high quality, thick lexan or plexi. Just pick the one with the looks you like the best.

Old 04-22-2012, 07:26 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior

I got a removable windshield on my hat

Old 04-23-2012, 10:30 PM
softailJoe
Advanced

Originally Posted by NightTrainBM
I just Installed a " Stinger " from National Cycle. LOVE IT. No buffering. Ads just the right amount of protection. Doesn't sacrifice any style. I had to modify the hardware kit to fit my train. Quite easy once you see how I did it. Check out the pic below.
Ya it looks cool on your bike with the blacked out forks for sure ,looks like it would vibrate though, just from the shape of it ??
I know there very good quality but would have to hold one up to my bike and see how she looks ,so when your flying down the road do ya get any vibration out of that top bit witch looks to be flared out ???
And yes I like your windshield too Socal

Old 04-24-2012, 09:16 AM
socal yankee
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by softailJoe
And yes I like your windshield too Socal
LoL!

Old 04-24-2012, 09:32 AM
NightTrainBM
Advanced

[quote=softailJoe;9709330]Ya it looks cool on your bike with the blacked out forks for sure ,looks like it would vibrate though, just from the shape of it ??
I know there very good quality but would have to hold one up to my bike and see how she looks ,so when your flying down the road do ya get any vibration out of that top bit witch looks to be flared out ???

Its solid.. Doesnt vibrate hardly at all.. The top is flared up.. it deflects most of the wind right over your brain bucket.. I get more wind from the head light cut out than anything.... I have a bullet style headlight which is pushed quite aways out.. Its kinda like a/c LOL The quality is second to none.. Very durable and strong.. Watch the video on youtube about their products...

Quick Reply: Windshield pics ???