Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno, NY or NC?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 09:09 AM
cpc0812
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Dyno, NY or NC?

Im looking to get my bike dyno tuned. My wife and I are moving to North Carolina (Raleigh area) at the end of May. I would like to get this done before we moved. Can anyone recommend a good place to get this done here in the tri-state area? And if I cant get this done here then I will have to get it done in NC. Can anyone in the Raleigh area recommend a good place? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 04-21-2012, 10:13 AM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm an hour south of Raleigh, but I know Ray Price HD is the big dealer up there. From what I know of RP, they have a good rep. I'm sure there will be some folks more local to the area that can post up some indy shops etc.

Think y'all will enjoy the area, the weather will spoil you compared to the winters up there! I've been down here 30 years and will never go north again! LOL

Old 04-21-2012, 05:03 PM
cpc0812
Road Captain

Thanks NC deluxe. We will be in Cary, NC. I cant wait to move. I grew up in Fla. so Im def ready for the weather in NC. My wife grew up here in NY and this is all she knows. She liked Cary though. Its too expensive here we are tired of the winters.

Old 04-21-2012, 05:56 PM
Malingerer
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cpc0812
Thanks NC deluxe. We will be in Cary, NC. I cant wait to move. I grew up in Fla. so Im def ready for the weather in NC. My wife grew up here in NY and this is all she knows. She liked Cary though. Its too expensive here we are tired of the winters.
Forget the weather, its the TAXES that I hate most.I am freaking jealous bro. I am sick of NY as well. I retired in back in May of 2009. If it weren't for the housing collapse I would have been some where in the Research Triangle myself. You know what Cary stands for right? Central Area for Relocated Yankee's lol

Alright enough of my BS back on track. Two of the best Dyno Tuners not only in NY but the East Coast are Rosa's Cycle in Huntington ,NY (LI) or Joe's Cycle Repair Mechanicville, NY (Upstate). Good Luck with the move ENJOY it.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:05 PM
cpc0812
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Malingerer
Forget the weather, its the TAXES that I hate most.I am freaking jealous bro. I am sick of NY as well. I retired in back in May of 2009. If it weren't for the housing collapse I would have been some where in the Research Triangle myself. You know what Cary stands for right? Central Area for Relocated Yankee's lol

Alright enough of my BS back on track. Two of the best Dyno Tuners not only in NY but the East Coast are Rosa's Cycle in Huntington ,NY (LI) or Joe's Cycle Repair Mechanicville, NY (Upstate). Good Luck with the move ENJOY it.
Yeah, the taxes are ridiculous. My wife and I are both nurses and we cant afford to live here. Thanks for the dyno recommendation. I will def. look into that. BTW, I sent some bars to browns plating, thanks for that recommendation also. I should have them back this week.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:38 PM
tunaman
Road Warrior
Received 309 Likes on 203 Posts

Give Hillside a call too... Scott is great to work with and knows his stuff, and is in the New York area.

Just got mine done by Dyno Bob at RC Cycles today, and there is no substitute for a tuning guru!

Good luck!
Roger

Old 04-21-2012, 07:55 PM
bronxbill
Road Warrior
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 471 Likes on 289 Posts

I live in Raleigh, Ray Price has a good dyno reputation. The two guys (Bruce and Jason) in charge of the dyno know what they are doing.