Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

21" wheel n WW tire package

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 04:00 PM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Hogpro
It depends if you want the best wheel and tire or what you can get for the best price.
Originally Posted by NC D'LUXE
LMFAO If that's not about an arrogant and asinine statement! Just another reason I'd never recommend or purchase from Hogpro! And be assured I'll do my best to ensure others get the message.
Not sure what's going on if this is serious or busting chops?

But it is a legit question even if he's not talking about Hogpro.

Does he want to spend say $600 on a DNA wheel with a Vee or $700 on a DNA and DB tire

So the best price is with a Vee, and the best combo is with the DB tire

Last edited by kozy22; 04-19-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:14 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Allow me to clarify my statement. From this side of the fence things are much different, especially when people rely upon you for a a quality product. When I sell a product that has caused many past customers issues all I am doing is perpetuating the cycle of bad business for myself. Therefore we have made the choices that we have made. If you read my statement above it clearly states that if you are happy with what you have that is great. I am only trying to give a closer look at quality control issues that we have experienced with varying brands. I wish everyone here the best with their wheels regardless of brand.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:19 PM
prost34
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ghostrider69
If someone has a package deal I would also like to know. From all of my reading here the best 21x3 or 3.5 is leaning towards DNA. Then everyone seems to be buying a 120/70/21 www from DB tires. Unless you want to try your luck with a Vee Rubber 120/70/21.
just curious,,whats the problem with vee?

Old 04-19-2012, 04:22 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

I am not talking about the tire but we don't sell those either. We have had issues with the color of the whitewall and stopped selling them immediately. I prefer not to name names but we had issues with wheels as well and we need to deal with the companies that are going to make things the simplest for us. Fitment issues, chrome flaking etc are a few of the issues we have experienced with varying brands.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:27 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kozy22
Not sure what's going on if this is serious or busting chops?

But it is a legit question even if he's not talking about Hogpro.

Does he want to spend say $600 on a DNA wheel with a Vee or $700 on a DNA and DB tire

So the best price is with a Vee, and the best combo is with the DB tire
Kozy, the OP has a legit question, most definitely. My comment is not directed at the OP, it's directed to who was quoted and hiding behind the Hogpro user name making arrogant and asinine statements.

Kozy, agree, the DNA is a great wheel and deal. Why pay outrageous prices, when you can purchase something comparable, that looks and functions just as good and is a 1/3rd of the cost?

Old 04-19-2012, 04:36 PM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by prost34
just curious,,whats the problem with vee?
Please search the forum. You will find hours worth of reading pertaining to why you should stay away from them.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:49 PM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NC D'LUXE
Kozy, the OP has a legit question, most definitely. My comment is not directed at the OP, it's directed to who was quoted and hiding behind the Hogpro user name making arrogant and asinine statements.

Kozy, agree, the DNA is a great wheel and deal. Why pay outrageous prices, when you can purchase something comparable, that looks and functions just as good and is a 1/3rd of the cost?

Very well put. The fact of the matter is and a lot of dealers of the over priced wheels don't want to see it, is that there is a product out there that is just as good if not better than their product for 1/3 or maybe 1/2 the price of the product they are selling. If you try to point it out to them they usually try to pull the customer service card. Well, Doug and Brock at http://www.kcint2.com/ has always offered top notch customer service. As I'm sure there are other dealers that sale the lower priced products and have just as good customer service. Another fact is that all of these Fat spoke brands most likely use Billet aluminum hubs that were turned on a cnc lathe. They all use polished Stainless spokes and they all use chrome nipples and rims. So, why should one brand cost you $2,200.00 for both wheels, rotors and matching pulley and the next brand cost you $1,200.00 for the exact same setup. Pissing and moaning over with for now.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:04 PM
t stone
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

WOW, ***** gettin deep. Brotha, just buy the wheels from KC Int. and the rubber from DB. You wont be dissapointed.

Stone

Old 04-19-2012, 05:34 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ghostrider69
Very well put. The fact of the matter is and a lot of dealers of the over priced wheels don't want to see it, is that there is a product out there that is just as good if not better than their product for 1/3 or maybe 1/2 the price of the product they are selling. If you try to point it out to them they usually try to pull the customer service card. Well, Doug and Brock at http://www.kcint2.com/ has always offered top notch customer service. As I'm sure there are other dealers that sale the lower priced products and have just as good customer service. Another fact is that all of these Fat spoke brands most likely use Billet aluminum hubs that were turned on a cnc lathe. They all use polished Stainless spokes and they all use chrome nipples and rims. So, why should one brand cost you $2,200.00 for both wheels, rotors and matching pulley and the next brand cost you $1,200.00 for the exact same setup. Pissing and moaning over with for now.
ghost, exactly! And the funniest thing, they've all, to include the big name high dollar fat spoke wheel companies, at one time or another had a bad production run. So for some catalog sales dealer to get on their high horse, their full of **** if they try to talk down the lower cost product that is taking their sales of their much more profitable wheel. There have been recent hub issues as I understand it with one of the high dollar companies, yet they still shipped them out the door and there are plenty of threads and posts on here claiming what crap customer service they've received from high dollar companies.

OP, sorry to hijack your thread....don't listen to these catalog sales vendors who only get on here to pimp their high dollar catalog stuff you can find online cheaper and who's only reason for being on this forum is to profit from you!

Not to say there aren't some helpful ones (vendors) here, most are and however, they are normally representing their own products, IMHO.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:16 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

+1 on KCint. I just ordered my 21"x3.5 Mammoth from them and they were cheaper on price and shipping than both Outlaw and Choppershop1. This is the third wheel I have ordered from them. One of the first two showed up damaged and they helped me exchange it with no problems.

If I ever do WW, it's DB all the way.

My only regret is since I decided on the 21" wheel, I really want some black rims/hubs and SS diamond spokes, lol. But that's another story...

Quick Reply: 21" wheel n WW tire package