Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Vision

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 04:37 PM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Power Vision

What are your thoughts? Is it everything the SERT should have been? Is it user friendly? I currently have the SERT, but want something I can adjust. I know nothing compares to a good dyno..

Last edited by Joe What; 04-18-2012 at 05:03 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:11 PM
Snowyone
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

There's two of us who what know it attributes

Old 04-18-2012, 06:06 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

don't really know, I am still happy with the SERT I had installed back in 07.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by oct1949
don't really know, I am still happy with the SERT I had installed back in 07.
I have had the sert since 08 and have had no problems. Ive upgraded breathers and exhaust and still ran like a champ however I just installed cams and it runs ok but I know it has to be adjusted, dyno I should but not looking at getting every hp out of it and not to mention getting it to the dealer, I want something I can adjust and go, just like the freaking cars and trucks...
Reading about the power vision seems this is the way to go but want to hear from those that have it not from sponsors or sales people.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:27 PM
08Fatty
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had one for a year. You plug it into your bike, flash ECM (takes 2 mins) unplug it and your done. You can leave it alone or fine tune with it all you want. I got mine from Fuelmotto and the map they sent worked great. If you just want pipes and intake, you could get a cheaper tuner, but if your like me and want to tweak it or make more motor changes in the future, this is the easiest and best tuner out there. MHO.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:39 PM
tunaman
Road Warrior
Received 309 Likes on 203 Posts

Why, if you've got an advanced tuner, aren't you folks already working through your own tunes since you don't want to shell out the cash for a dyno? SERT exposes most everything you need, and the software will allow professional results for the DIY'er (while not nearly as user-friendly as the TTS software as I understand it).

Still best solution IMHO is to take it to a professional and let them do what they do best, even if you aren't looking to squeeze out the most performance. A reputable tuner can tune for performance or set it up for best mileage and overall ridability.

Roger

Old 04-18-2012, 09:11 PM
Booda_do
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

08fatty - question for you.

Does the PC Vision power up when not installed on the bike? Pushing the power button when not connected to the bike doesn't seem to turn it on. I can connect it to a PC and read the data - just wondering if you can see the interface when not connected. Thanks.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I run my SERT and have since 08, I fool with it myself and in fact tuned it myself just like the old days but just easier. I had it run on the dyno to ck it out for fuel mixture and found the points I needed to change which was just the higher rpm bands and it runs like a champ. You can change everything with it. I ran just a touch over a 100hp and 110tq and I have almost the cams as you do. I tuned it for just the cams and then again when I built the rest of the motor. It's never been tuned on the dyno. There is a base map for the package you have a good starting point

Old 04-18-2012, 10:43 PM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by tunaman
Why, if you've got an advanced tuner, aren't you folks already working through your own tunes since you don't want to shell out the cash for a dyno? SERT exposes most everything you need, and the software will allow professional results for the DIY'er (while not nearly as user-friendly as the TTS software as I understand it).

Still best solution IMHO is to take it to a professional and let them do what they do best, even if you aren't looking to squeeze out the most performance. A reputable tuner can tune for performance or set it up for best mileage and overall ridability.

Roger
There lies most of my problem with the sert, I have not been able to get the software to run and no info on where to look for updates.. any info on this would be appreciated but still looking for first hand experience on the power vision

Old 04-18-2012, 10:45 PM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 08Fatty
I have had one for a year. You plug it into your bike, flash ECM (takes 2 mins) unplug it and your done. You can leave it alone or fine tune with it all you want. I got mine from Fuelmotto and the map they sent worked great. If you just want pipes and intake, you could get a cheaper tuner, but if your like me and want to tweak it or make more motor changes in the future, this is the easiest and best tuner out there. MHO.
Good to hear, what about the advance features have you messed with them or just uploaded the map it came with?

Quick Reply: Power Vision