Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Joining the club: 09 Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012 | 03:17 PM
N83
|
Advanced
Default Joining the club: 09 Deluxe

Hey guys,

Just wanted to stop bye and introduce myself and my new ride. It's a 2009 Deluxe that I inherited from a family member. I've been a Buell guy for the past 7 years (just sold my 1125r last week) and have ridden my dad's '08 Superglide quite a bit, as well. I registered on the forum a while back because I was contemplating getting a Sporty but never went through with it.

There's lots of great information here and I plan on immersing myself to figure a plan of action for my new acquisition. I'm really stoked about the new bike and a chance to finally join the cruiser crowd (need to "chill-out" for the sake of my daughter, haha). As of right now I have no clue what I'm going to do with the Deluxe. I've always had a thing for Night Trains, but I can't see too many compromises I can make between the two- the styling seems so opposite.

The bike had bags that I've already removed, a seat more fit for a shorter person that was swapped back to stock, and currently has a front windshield that I also plan on removing. I'll ride it that way for a little while to see what I want to change. I imagine a new seat and handlebars will come soon, as I'm 6'5" and might want to stretch out a bit. I also need to set aside a day of cleaning to take care of the grungy rear white-wall.

I'm definitely looking forward to making this bike 'mine!'

Old 04-18-2012 | 03:41 PM
NightTrainBM
Advanced

Welcome friend! I'm kinda new as well. This place is awesome. More info than u can imagine. Anything question is answered respectfully, maybe with a little ball busting, but all in good fun. Bike looks great. Keep us posted on mods. We all like to admire.

Old 04-18-2012 | 03:57 PM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member

Welcome, and say goodbye to your $$$$$

Seriously your first mod should be some purple power for that rear white wall

Old 04-18-2012 | 04:00 PM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

The first thing you should do it get some bolts back into those rear fender struts. The bolts you have left out each are responsible for half of the two mounting brackets inside the rear fender!

Nice looking bike too! Get your wallet out...these things aren't cheap!

Old 04-18-2012 | 04:07 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior

Welcome aboard! You'll find plenty of ideas here for the Deluxe.

Old 04-18-2012 | 04:12 PM
iupsig97
Tourer

Welcome... You'll enjoy that Softail. Like the color.

Old 04-18-2012 | 05:20 PM
S.D.M.F
Road Warrior

Let the fun begin........

Old 04-18-2012 | 05:29 PM
N83
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by fish eye
The first thing you should do it get some bolts back into those rear fender struts. The bolts you have left out each are responsible for half of the two mounting brackets inside the rear fender!

Nice looking bike too! Get your wallet out...these things aren't cheap!
Yeah, I still have those bolts. After removing the saddle bags, the bolts were a little rusty and covered in crap. It made me think they were ones that came with the bags and not the stock ones. The bike came with a quick-connect sissy bar but I didn't find anything that resembled attachable points.

Thanks for the warm welcome, fellas! I'm really hoping to "ease-in" to this new world because the wife and I are in the middle of purchasing our first home and I don't know how long it'll be before I can spend some cash on the bike, haha.

Old 04-18-2012 | 05:53 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior

Don't stick the saddlebag bolts back in there in (good catch fish eye..should be eagle eye..lol) if there more than inch which they probably are. With the bags on, was there something that looked like a large spacer between the bags and the strut cover? If so, those go back on and is the docking hardware for the sissy bar. Without the docking hardware you'll want to replace the bag bolts with 3/8-16 x 7/8" bolts. If you want to use the docking hardware (if you have it) just measure them get a longer bolt. Just don't want anything to long that will hit your tire.

May the mod's begin!

Old 04-18-2012 | 05:57 PM
Zakk13
Stellar HDF Member

Welcome! Great looking bike!

Quick Reply: Joining the club: 09 Deluxe