Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Joining the club: 09 Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012 | 04:09 PM
N83
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by N83
Yeah, I still have those bolts. After removing the saddle bags, the bolts were a little rusty and covered in crap. It made me think they were ones that came with the bags and not the stock ones. The bike came with a quick-connect sissy bar but I didn't find anything that resembled attachable points.
I checked the saddle bag mounting bracket and there's nothing on it that allows the sissy bar to attach. Maybe I can track down the missing parts from my relative.

Old 04-19-2012 | 05:02 PM
wing_rdr
Cruiser

Sweet looking bike. My wife rides an 08 and it is similar in colour. It is a fun bike to ride and we wish you all the best with your new ride. You will enjoy it.

Old 04-19-2012 | 05:11 PM
t stone
Road Master

Originally Posted by N83
Hey guys,

Just wanted to stop bye and introduce myself and my new ride. It's a 2009 Deluxe that I inherited from a family member. I've been a Buell guy for the past 7 years (just sold my 1125r last week) and have ridden my dad's '08 Superglide quite a bit, as well. I registered on the forum a while back because I was contemplating getting a Sporty but never went through with it.

There's lots of great information here and I plan on immersing myself to figure a plan of action for my new acquisition. I'm really stoked about the new bike and a chance to finally join the cruiser crowd (need to "chill-out" for the sake of my daughter, haha). As of right now I have no clue what I'm going to do with the Deluxe. I've always had a thing for Night Trains, but I can't see too many compromises I can make between the two- the styling seems so opposite.

The bike had bags that I've already removed, a seat more fit for a shorter person that was swapped back to stock, and currently has a front windshield that I also plan on removing. I'll ride it that way for a little while to see what I want to change. I imagine a new seat and handlebars will come soon, as I'm 6'5" and might want to stretch out a bit. I also need to set aside a day of cleaning to take care of the grungy rear white-wall.

I'm definitely looking forward to making this bike 'mine!'

Welcome brotha, I will just tell ya that if you hang around this forum in a few months you will have to reintroduce yourself as hi my name is N83 and im an addict. This forum will turn you into a mod junkie. I know because I am one. And there are alot of junkies on here. Ya you guys and gals know who im talking about. HAHAHAHA. Its good clean buzzzin

Stone

Old 04-19-2012 | 05:56 PM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member

At your height, the stock seat isn't going to cut it. Ride a few hundred miles and you will see what I mean. The stock seat is made for someone in the 5-5" to 5-8" range. Check out C&C. Good luck! SJ Ron

Old 04-19-2012 | 10:33 PM
N83
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by SanJuanRon
At your height, the stock seat isn't going to cut it. Ride a few hundred miles and you will see what I mean. The stock seat is made for someone in the 5-5" to 5-8" range. Check out C&C. Good luck! SJ Ron
Thanks, SJ Ron. I'm taking the bike out for the first time tomorrow- probably a few hundred miles, so we'll see how I fair. I'll be sure to report back!

Old 04-19-2012 | 11:10 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by N83
I don't know how long it'll be before I can spend some cash on the bike, haha.
Hahahha!!!. I'll give ya a snowball's chance until next weekend! Just stay away from NC'Ds, Os Deluxe, Ramirez or those English guys!
A Deluxe could be a VERY expensive inheritance.
And if you look at Pooch's, you'll buy a pretty expensive camera with it. Hahaha!!
Welcome to the Boards, brotha.
Now pull up a stool, down 3 fingers of Jack and enjoy the ryde!

Old 04-20-2012 | 12:16 AM
tmors424
Intermediate
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kozy22
Welcome, and say goodbye to your $$$$$

Seriously your first mod should be some purple power for that rear white wall
+1 ! Have you tried the Mr. Clean Eraser? Works great! Give it a shot...

Old 04-20-2012 | 01:45 AM
tq745
Tourer

welcome to the softail section. we are here 24/7 to help you spend your $$$

Old 04-20-2012 | 03:25 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member

Nice ride, man. I'm jealous. The Deluxe is the most elegant looking bike that the Co. makes today.

Along with those fender bolts, I would replace the muffler heatsheilds. Looks like the bags did a number on 'em. But get 'em at a swap meet. You wouldn't believe what the MoCo charges for 'em.

Good luck with that 'Lux. Rade it safely!

Old 04-20-2012 | 09:15 AM
N83
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by tmors424
+1 ! Have you tried the Mr. Clean Eraser? Works great! Give it a shot...
Haven't tried anything, yet. I've been pretty busy ever since I got it. I'm gonna clean it up in a few hours then go for a ride. I've got some McGuiar's APC (I'm hobbyist car detailer) that I'm gonna try along with a Brillo pad. I've checked out a few videos on Youtube, so I think I'll be set!

Originally Posted by dickey
Nice ride, man. I'm jealous. The Deluxe is the most elegant looking bike that the Co. makes today.

Along with those fender bolts, I would replace the muffler heatsheilds. Looks like the bags did a number on 'em. But get 'em at a swap meet. You wouldn't believe what the MoCo charges for 'em.

Good luck with that 'Lux. Rade it safely!
I think I'll stop by a dealer today for the bolts and whatever "little" odds and ends I think I need. Yeah, the heat shields got dinged-up when the original owner dropped the bike. I didn't know it's just a shield- I'll keep my eyes open for something else. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Joining the club: 09 Deluxe