Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well I raked My 2010 Heritage!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 07:46 AM
got9seconds
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well I raked My 2010 Heritage!!

Well after asking a lot of questions on this forum I went ahead and raked my Heritage 4 degrees and extended the tubes by 2". I used the Hawg Halters Fatboy/Heritage triple tree and I think it looks great! I had a couple of small issues with the tree, but Mark Thompson of HHI stepped up and gave me the customer service that you only wish for in today's business world! So kudos to HHI and I would recommend them for anything that you may need.

Anyway, back to the bike. Since the front end was being raked, Iwent ahead and added the chrome lower sliders, and chrome tins to finish out the front forks. I also took the time to slam the front fender down 2" to give it that custom look. I couldn't stop there! I went and installed a set of Leather Lids saggy bag inserts to keep my saddlebags looking new, and while the bags were off, I installed the new docking hardware for the backrest. The P-pad is now from a 2006 FLSTSC. I wanted something narrower that fit the fender, rather than the wide one that comes stock on the Heritage. Now I can put switch everything back to stock for those long road trips or strip her down for bar hopping! My next step will be to had spots to the new p-pad.

Attached Thumbnails Well I raked My 2010 Heritage!!-raked-4-degrees-001.jpg   Well I raked My 2010 Heritage!!-raked-4-degrees-002.jpg   Well I raked My 2010 Heritage!!-raked-4-degrees-003.jpg   Well I raked My 2010 Heritage!!-raked-4-degrees-004.jpg   Well I raked My 2010 Heritage!!-raked-4-degrees-007.jpg  

Old 04-18-2012, 08:08 AM
Poolguy
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

haha I just commented on your bike in the other thread. Very nice! Gonna have to start saving my change. I love that look. And the Heritage makes it easy to change the look and function in minutes.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:22 AM
got9seconds
Advanced

Originally Posted by Poolguy
haha I just commented on your bike in the other thread. Very nice! Gonna have to start saving my change. I love that look. And the Heritage makes it easy to change the look and function in minutes.
LMAO! Thanks again Poolguy! I hope you have a great day!

Old 04-18-2012, 08:44 AM
CSS_FXD
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Huh well that's new. Never seen that done on a bike like yours before. Looks neat.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:47 AM
got9seconds
Advanced

Originally Posted by CSS_FXD
Huh well that's new. Never seen that done on a bike like yours before. Looks neat.
Thanks! I think? LOL
Couldn't tell if that was a compliment or indecision? But I like it.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:58 AM
dizzy1450
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great. How different is the ride/handling?

Old 04-18-2012, 09:05 AM
got9seconds
Advanced

Originally Posted by dizzy1450
Looks great. How different is the ride/handling?
Thanks Dizzy! Actually it is great! I had first lowered my bike in the rear by 2". This changed the handling just enough to notice a difference from stock, but not enough to create any issues.

So now that I have added the 4 degrees of rake and 2" extensions to get it back to level, the ride is just like when it was stock! I had called HHI prior to all of this and they guaranteed that I would like the handling, and I do!

As everyone says, the only major difference I see is in trying to turn the bike in a slow sharp turn, like in a parking lot or your garage. It seems to get real heavy at that point. But if you are moving fast enough to pick your feet up.....then it is perfect!

Old 04-18-2012, 09:06 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 486 Likes on 354 Posts

Wow, that really does look nice. Kind of has that long look that the new Indians have. Thumbs up.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:07 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 727 Likes on 486 Posts

Awesome lookin man

Old 04-18-2012, 09:14 AM
got9seconds
Advanced

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
Wow, that really does look nice. Kind of has that long look that the new Indians have. Thumbs up.
Thank you bikerlaw! That is a great compliment from an Elite member!
My dad was one of the original Hell's Angels out in LA, back in the late '50s with Sonny Barger, and he created the first Chopper shop in Colorado back in 1964. I have a lot of pictures from back in those days, and they are what is inspiring the look I am going for with this bike! I want that nostalgic look when the bigger bikes started taking the shape into choppers. I am kind of combining several looks from back then, so I hope I am accomplishing that!!

Quick Reply: Well I raked My 2010 Heritage!!