Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new Softail Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 10:24 PM
Dave Deluxe
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new Softail Deluxe

I just sold my Bid Dog Chopper and tomorrow I take delivery on a new 2005 Softail Deluxe, two-tone black and white, carbed and the coolest Harley I have ever seen. Looking forward to hanging out here.

Old 07-29-2005, 10:55 PM
SilverDawg
Road Captain
Default RE: My new Softail Deluxe

Congrats. That is a great looking ride. I considered it as well, but ended up going with the Heritage.

BTW, just curious...does one get tired of the chopper ride/handling after a certain period of time. They look great but I guess in terms of being functional, they would not be at the top of the lists.

Old 07-30-2005, 12:08 AM
Dave Deluxe
Advanced

I didn't have a problem with the ride or handling on my bike. I just got tired of the wind and the vibrations at the grips. A friend and I took a 65 mile ride a couple of weeks ago and I was worn out by the time we got back. I rode the Deluxe earlier this week and it was twice as easy to handle and the feel is 5 times as smooth. I could tell a tremendous difference as soon as I twisted the throttle. i don't know if I will sleep much tonight. I get my bike at 10 tomorrow morning. WOOHOO!!

Old 07-30-2005, 12:38 AM
ENZOTHEBAKER
Tourer

Congrats on getting the Deluxe. I got mine 2 weeks ago and love everything about her. Hope to see some pics real soon.

George

Old 07-30-2005, 12:54 AM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome and congrats!

Old 07-30-2005, 01:29 AM
Detour
Road Captain

Dave, congrats on the new Deluxe! I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I do mine. I absolutely love this thing more and more every time I ride it. I just switched out the stock risers for some Arlen Ness 5" straight risers and what a difference it made. Now the bars are just where they belong and not too close to my body. I can now ride with the stock seat (which I think looks awesome) for hours on end without feeling cramped or sore. This is one of the nicest bikes the MoCo has ever put out, IMHO.

Enjoy the ride!

Kurt

P.S. How was the BigDog for reliability, service, etc.? I've heard great things about them and the American Ironhorse, as well. Just curious...

Old 07-30-2005, 04:21 AM
jtfrog
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome, I think you are going to love the ride

Old 07-30-2005, 05:34 AM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

Howdy Dave, welcome aboard. Congrats on the new Deluxe, enjoy the ride.

Old 07-30-2005, 05:46 AM
ENZOTHEBAKER
Tourer

Hey DogzHog, how many inches forward do those risers give you. I also like the stock seat but wish I could go back 3 inches, I just feel a little cramped. I checked out the tallboy, actually put it on and rode it for 30 min and it was very comfortable but kills the look completely. So now Im looking to get an inch or two from risers-forward controls-seat-and the combination of all. Any help is appreciated.

George

P.S. U live in Southlake if im not mistaken, if so lets meet up and ride. Im heading to Grapevine lake this morning for the lake dam golf course ride.

Old 07-30-2005, 09:26 AM
Dave Deluxe
Advanced

thanks for all of the kind words. I woke up this morning at 5 AM and couldn't get back to sleep. I feel like a little kid (i am really 48). I am glad to hear about the straight risers. I will definitely have to adjust the controls a bit on my bike. As for the Big Dog, there were a couple of minor issues, but the bike always started up and ran perfect. I had the daytech frame so there was no recall issue like the rolling thunder frame problem. I really like the bike, but long trips wore me out. Big Dog is not a manufacturer...they are assemblers. They don't make any of their own parts other than wheels and handlebars. JT, are those Vance and Hines pipes on your bike? I plan to change mine out for a set just like yours/

Quick Reply: My new Softail Deluxe