Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blackline Seat

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 07:39 PM

I wanted a Le Pera Cross Bones Solo but they don't make a direct bolt on match for the Blackline. I called Le Pera and they told me they likely would never make a matching solo seat for the Blackline due to the lower Blackline production numbers - upsetting to hear their perspective.

I also ran across an Italian vendor in my search, Granucci Seats. They have what I think appears to be the best looking and fitting Blackline solo seats available - by far in my opinion. However, the EURO cost and shipping just makes the seat too costly.

As a result, I also just order the new Softail Slim seat for my Blackline. Patiently awaiting but the HD Dealer says they are on backorder now for close to a month. I cannot wait to get it on the bike and drop the double seat. Crazy that HD didn't roll the Blackline with a solo seat as the factory standard like they have wisely done with the Softail Slim.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:07 PM
softailJoe
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a FXST and went with a C&C lo pro ,I thinks that was what it is called .
I ran a thread a wile back and posed the question what is the most comfortable small solo seat and C&C came up the winner and it looks great as well .
Great quality ,very happy with the purchase ,check em out !
Cheers ,Joe

Old 05-23-2012, 06:03 AM
Cesar71
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks a lot for replying guys. I ordered the spring solo seat from Harley, and I think it will look just fine. I'm removing the front fender a using a Roland Sands brace and getting a new rear fender for that 144 tire. Just don't know what set of turning lights to use. Any ideias?

Old 05-23-2012, 03:14 PM
booman4467
Stage I

i love the new solo seat they have but i cut my seat that came on the bike before it came out now i am thinking of getting that one with the passenger section also

Old 05-24-2012, 12:34 AM
joe_carrera
Advanced

Originally Posted by WShewell
I wanted a Le Pera Cross Bones Solo but they don't make a direct bolt on match for the Blackline. I called Le Pera and they told me they likely would never make a matching solo seat for the Blackline due to the lower Blackline production numbers - upsetting to hear their perspective.

I also ran across an Italian vendor in my search, Granucci Seats. They have what I think appears to be the best looking and fitting Blackline solo seats available - by far in my opinion. However, the EURO cost and shipping just makes the seat too costly.

As a result, I also just order the new Softail Slim seat for my Blackline. Patiently awaiting but the HD Dealer says they are on backorder now for close to a month. I cannot wait to get it on the bike and drop the double seat. Crazy that HD didn't roll the Blackline with a solo seat as the factory standard like they have wisely done with the Softail Slim.

Hi, I bought the barebone solo le pera for softail and it fits perfectly to the blackline. You just need a hole and a thread on the rear fender. Grerat seat and look !

Old 05-25-2012, 07:08 PM
TrackDaddy
6th Gear

Corbin also makes a nice solo seat for the Blackline. They'll do custom leather/stitching and you can order the seat with a built-in heater. I have one for my FXS and it's MUCH more comfortable than the stock seat.

I had mine built to sit me higher than stock (I'm 6'6") so it's thicker than standard, and got them to do some old school diamond stitching on the cover. I've also got the matching passenger pad. My wife rated the stock passenger seat a 2 out of 10 and gives this one a solid 8.

Last edited by TrackDaddy; 05-25-2012 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Fixing image links
Old 05-25-2012, 07:11 PM
Zakk13
Stellar HDF Member
Received 660 Likes on 346 Posts

I think the tuck and roll will look the best! As stated before you already have a solo seat on that bike! Just have to remove the back pillion..