Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deuces are WILD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006 | 11:59 PM
mdewberry
|
Cruiser
Default Deuces are WILD!!!

In regard to some of my previous posts, and after looking for 4 months, I have found my LOVE machine. I was originally looking at RK or Heritage. But once I found the Deuce and rode it, God and my wife said it was all me... Deuces are truly a unique breed. Voodoo I thank you for your inspiration of one hot Deuce. So now i have some questions for the Deuce lovers. (1) Stock seat has to go. Wife hates the brick!! Someone said that the saddleman wasnt bad for the price? I know the Mustang love. (2) The bike has the Python pipes on it. Not bad. But everyone has SE or Pythons it seems, interested in comments on something different. (3) I want the swingarm covers but they say they wont fit with staggered pipes, even though there looks to be a good amount of clearance. Or how bad would it look to put the swingarm covers on but on the exhaust side, only cover the upper swingarm.

By the way, The Deuce is a 2001 carbed model, black with maroon stripe with 4000 miles on it, I stole it for 9500, here in Arkansas, so I dont think i did bad..

Mama is understanding the (except FXSTD), as Deuce owners any suggestions on aftermarket parts/access? Someone mention that the chrome from Kurakyn wasn't that good? Us Deuce owners love that stuff.

I will get some pics up on the forums as soon as i get some Bright sun.

Happy New Year.

Old 12-31-2006 | 12:25 AM
AsahiToro
Advanced
Default RE: Deuces are WILD!!!

Congrats on the new Deuce!

I'm loving mine as well. There is something about the Deuce that draws you in. I wasn't really considering one until I actually sat on one. It fit me like a glove and I knew I was in love. I scrapped the stock seat for a LePera Silhouette and am very happy with it. I ride mostly solo so I'm not sure if it's best for two up. I also put on some Big Radius pipes, a Ness Big Sucker, PCIII and had it dyno tuned along with a bunch of other little goodies (grips, pegs, mirrors, tach, few chrome covers, etc.). It runs great and I get a lot of compliments. I'm swapping out the Big Sucker for a Ness-Tech Velocity Stack (w/filter) next week mainly for looks and I also hope to grab a little more legroom. I'm also adding a few more other goodies in the next week. When my wallet recovers, I'm going to tackle the engine (110+) and probably throw on some Big Radius 2-into-1 pipes. I'm thinking about a wider rear wheel setup as well. As for Kuryakyn stuff, I'm not a huge fan (or hater). I bought the LED turn signals for the front and rear and I like them a lot. Do yourself a favor and call Custom Dynamics for a Biketronics BT801 Smart Equalizer if you add LED's. Don't use the crap equalizers that Kuryakyn supplies. The Biketronics unit handles everything in one small, cool running package (see my thread in the 'Electrical' forum).

I'm sure you'll get a lot of opinions on what to add and not add but it's your Deuce. Get what you want. There's a lot of good looking Deuces out there to get ideas for yours. Checkout the Deuce forum. Don't worry about the 'except FXSTD' thing. There's a lot of cool stuff/mods out there for your new Deuce. Be sure to check eBay and Zanotti's for the best deals.

Good luck and ride safe!

Old 12-31-2006 | 12:36 AM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member

I have to agree.. Deuces are hot! Yeah so what if nothing in the catalog will fit them.. The forks are already chromed out for heaven's sake. The tank already stretched.. The bike is just plain cool.. Yeah it's just a plain ole plain ole softail frame, but I think they did very well with a factory bike that was as custom as a stock bike gets. It's got it's own character.

Congrats! Be safe and keep the shiny parts up.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Old 12-31-2006 | 12:57 AM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior

I love my Deuce![sm=partyparty.gif]

Old 12-31-2006 | 01:42 AM
Crazy Canuck
Outstanding HDF Member

Hey Mike
Congrats on the Deuce buddy!
Don't worry about the "except forDeuce curse". If it says "except for Deuce" you don't need it. Many nice Deuces to get some ideas from here brother in the likes of Voodoo, Deuce Dude, Pro1955, DeucebBigelow and many more...We'll all be more than happy to help you out in any way.

Old 12-31-2006 | 01:50 AM
Speed
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Deuce Bigelow

I love your Deuce too.....um,errrrr.......wait!...............I mean I love my Deuce too!

Old 12-31-2006 | 02:15 AM
AsahiToro
Advanced

ORIGINAL: Speed

ORIGINAL: Deuce Bigelow

I love your Deuce too.....um,errrrr.......wait!...............I mean I love my Deuce too!
I know what you mean. It's hard not to love everyone's Deuce. [sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 12-31-2006 | 07:39 AM
blueduece
Road Captain

I love my deuce.......if you search long enough there are plenty of things you can find to install.

I've got a Corbin solo on mine and love it. I dont know much about the 2 upmodels.

Old 12-31-2006 | 10:22 AM
voodoo93
Road Warrior

Dew-Man - way to go bro - I would say you got a FREAKING AMAZING DEAL - 4000 miles and $9,500.00 - that should leave lots of cash for mods!!

Congrats - make it yours - ride it safe - post some pics - we'll be waiting right here

Happy New Year,
Buzz

Old 12-31-2006 | 02:20 PM
ST Deuce
Tourer

congrats on your new ride. as you can see there are plenty of us deuce lovers.

Quick Reply: Deuces are WILD!!!