Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Center stand

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 04:05 PM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Center stand

Following on from NC's home made stand for when he's showing his bike, it got me thinking I'd like a centre stand for my Deluxe,
Does anyone know if theres any reason why the HD centre stand (expensive as it is) will fit with a Shotgun shock, I done some searching and I cant find anyone who's done this, I wouldnt want to source one, only to find out it wouldnt go on.

Old 04-16-2012, 04:10 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had one on mine not too long ago with the shotgun. It actually worked really well! I loved the stance it gave the bike and made cleaning wheels a breeze. Only prob was when I put on my duals, I had to lose the CenterStand cuz the extender arm would hit the pipes and prevent the stand from retracting all the way up. When I get home tonight, I could post some pics if you want?

Old 04-16-2012, 04:14 PM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks man, so it wont go on with my Samson Cholo's?

Old 04-16-2012, 06:24 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not having seen Josh, could the extender arm be bent to clear? Like I mentioned in my other post, the bracket could be trimmed to allow the stand frame work to mount with the exhaust bracket I'm thinking.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:58 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior

Pics with center stand with shotgun
I ordered mine through debrix.com.. A VERY quality piece of a chrome stand!! Great service and fast delivery at a third of what the MoCo sells theirs for!

Without heavy mods to the extender arm, it wont work with the duals.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:09 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

I've seen these and have thought about getting it for the bike, wondering, can U put it on the stand while sitting on the bike or do U have to be off the bike.

Yrs ago I had 2 GW's that I put Ride Off stands on, they mounted under the front part of the frame, I just held the front brake, bounced her once and it'd pop up on the stand.
Then just ride off it when ready to leave.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:33 AM
socal yankee
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by oct1949
I've seen these and have thought about getting it for the bike, wondering, can U put it on the stand while sitting on the bike or do U have to be off the bike.
Mine was waaaaay easy to use. You could just use your left heel to put pressure on the extender arm while straddling the bike.although it was a lot easier off the bike. She would sit back in her stance easier than my 300lb sportbike's stand, like she wanted to go back there. Super stable too. The shotgun made it even more stable. Obviously you wouldn't want to park the ryde pointed downhill though

Old 04-17-2012, 09:42 AM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

SoCal - Do you still have the center stand and if so, consider selling?

Old 04-17-2012, 12:00 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Tx_Outlaw
SoCal - Do you still have the center stand and if so, consider selling?
I'll think about it, Tx.
But I'm really thinking about adding a Train to my stable so I could join the rest of you guys on the Pic thread
I'll probably hold onto all this extra schtuff to add to the new horse. you'll be the first to know if I change my mind.
Check em out on Debrix.com. They're way less pricey than the MoCo's.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:38 PM
kalamitty
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i fitted the one from debrix, on my heritage there is a way to get it on the stand and i hold the left bar with my left hand place right hand under seat grab frame and place right leg on the extender and press down with foot and the bike goes up easy when you know, i had to put a question on here to find out how to do it. the only down side is the extender is rubbing the passenger footboard underneath. dont know about the twin exhaust catching though. its a nice feeling parking bike and having it stood upright when the others are leaning over.

Quick Reply: Center stand